The Student Room Group

Who can check my personal statement?

So I've done my personal statement. The only person I can really talk to about it is my tutor at College. I showed her it once and she gave me an opinion. I did as she said and sent her it. But she's not bothered to reply, and I can't see her for over a week now. (Trust me when I say she is the only person)

I really want to send it off next week at least! What on earth do I do? Is there somewhere I can show it to for an opinion? I'm guessing posting it online isn't a good idea?
Original post by whitephoeniix
So I've done my personal statement. The only person I can really talk to about it is my tutor at College. I showed her it once and she gave me an opinion. I did as she said and sent her it. But she's not bothered to reply, and I can't see her for over a week now. (Trust me when I say she is the only person)

I really want to send it off next week at least! What on earth do I do? Is there somewhere I can show it to for an opinion? I'm guessing posting it online isn't a good idea?

Definitely don't post it online, for obvious reasons. I'd strongly advise you not to send it to anyone you don't know (i.e. anyone over the internet) because they too could plagiarise it. If she really is the only person that you think could read it, I don't really think you have many other options ): There are quite a lot of good videos around with helpful guidance like this one.
Original post by Chlorophile
Definitely don't post it online, for obvious reasons. I'd strongly advise you not to send it to anyone you don't know (i.e. anyone over the internet) because they too could plagiarise it. If she really is the only person that you think could read it, I don't really think you have many other options ): There are quite a lot of good videos around with helpful guidance like this one.

When she gave me her opinion the first time she told me to add and delete some parts but said I was nearly finished. I've done everything she's said, would it be safe to send it off anyway? Or no?
When she gave me her opinion the first time she told me to add and delete some parts but said I was nearly finished. I've done everything she's said, would it be safe to send it off anyway? Or no?

You can never get enough opinions. I don't think there's any harm in watching that video I linked (it's quite amusing so worth watching even if you don't learn anything) but sure, if you think you're done, send it off. The PS isn't the most important thing in the world anyway.
Reply 4
Original post by Chlorophile

I love that video! She reminds me VERY strongly of my school librarian :laugh:

Don't panic about the time - you have ages. Waiting a week to speak to your tutor for more advice is no problem - and it will be very worthwhile.

Have you seen the new tool we've launched on TSR? You can use the PS builder even if you've already written your statement, it will help you pinpoint any areas of your PS that need work. https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/personal_statement_builder/basic_information. It's a free tool, but you can also choose to buy a professional review at the end.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending