The Student Room Group

Law at University of Birmingham for 2015 start

Has anyone got any offers from the university of Birmingham for the law course yet? And what are your offer grades?

Scroll to see replies

This results day people got into Birmingham for law with ABB if its of any consolation :smile:
Original post by Championt1
Has anyone got any offers from the university of Birmingham for the law course yet? And what are your offer grades?
Reply 2
Original post by SmaugTheTerrible
This results day people got into Birmingham for law with ABB if its of any consolation :smile:

Yes it is really good news.Thank you!I got ABB at AS and i'm predicted A*AA so i hope i get a good offer from Birmingham.Are you a law Student at Birmingham?
Yes it is really good news.Thank you!I got ABB at AS and i'm predicted A*AA so i hope i get a good offer from Birmingham.Are you a law Student at Birmingham?

Nope not at B'ham but at another Uni. Good luck
Reply 4
Has anyone heard from birmingham yet? I took my LNAT about 2 weeks ago but haven't heard anything yet! I have applied for straight law!
Original post by molorv24
Has anyone heard from birmingham yet? I took my LNAT about 2 weeks ago but haven't heard anything yet! I have applied for straight law!

My application was sent on the 7th and I took my LNAT on the 11th. Have heard back from 3/5 but still waiting on Birmingham. Hope for an offer :biggrin:
Reply 6
Original post by Rayzor97
My application was sent on the 7th and I took my LNAT on the 11th. Have heard back from 3/5 but still waiting on Birmingham. Hope for an offer :biggrin:
Aww okay well I took mine about 2 weeks after sending off my application but haven't heard anything yet! Did they send you an email saying they had received your LNAT? They didn't send one to me but just wondering! And yeah I have heard from 3 others! Hopefully birmingham will reply soon!! Good luck!
Took my LNAT about 2 weeks ago too and sent off my application a week after but I've only got an email about my application being reviewed. So I'm still waiting. Got offers from 2 unis already so that's calmed me down a bit

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by molorv24
Aww okay well I took mine about 2 weeks after sending off my application but haven't heard anything yet! Did they send you an email saying they had received your LNAT? They didn't send one to me but just wondering! And yeah I have heard from 3 others! Hopefully birmingham will reply soon!! Good luck!

I just had an email saying the admissions team had reviewed it and passed it on to the admissions tutor. I then received an email saying it was being reviewed and a reminder about the LNAT, however I'd already done it. Guess it's just a matter of waiting now...
Original post by Rayzor97
I just had an email saying the admissions team had reviewed it and passed it on to the admissions tutor. I then received an email saying it was being reviewed and a reminder about the LNAT, however I'd already done it. Guess it's just a matter of waiting now...

Birmingham is a good uni but I would recommend going to a Warwick, as it regarded considerably better with the large firms. A Birmingham degree will not stop you getting a job, but Warwick is only 30 minutes a way.
Original post by Mark_2014
Birmingham is a good uni but I would recommend going to a Warwick, as it regarded considerably better with the large firms. A Birmingham degree will not stop you getting a job, but Warwick is only 30 minutes a way.

Biased much? Surely you should gather the fact I've already sent my application off, plus I'm fairly certain it's regarded the same as Birmingham.

I got an offer for law. Offer: AAA
Any good news so far?
Original post by farwazahra1
Any good news so far?

Nope I'm still waiting.My application was acknowledged on Friday same day I did my LNAT.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any good news so far?

Congrats!! Do you mind me asking when you sent your application and received the offer. Also your predicted grades. Once again, well done :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fatsherry
Congrats!! Do you mind me asking when you sent your application and received the offer. Also your predicted grades. Once again, well done :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! I sent my application on the 15th of October and received the offer on the 14th of November.
Predicted grades : A*AA
Thanks again :smile:
Reply 15
Thanks! I sent my application on the 15th of October and received the offer on the 14th of November.
Predicted grades : A*AA
Thanks again :smile:

How did you find the LNAT? Also how did you revise for it?
Original post by rkhan57
How did you find the LNAT? Also how did you revise for it?

It was alright. Its like any other aptitude test, quite similar to the reading section in SATs.
You technically can't revise for it as it is a test of reasoning, and aptitude, not knowledge but having a look at the sample papers on their website was helpful. Just familiarize yourself with the format and try a few questions to get a rough idea.
Reply 17
Received my offer on Monday, anyone firming Birmingham?
Original post by rkhan57

Received mine last Tuesday :biggrin: Will be firming Birmingham, you? Offer was AAA by the way.
Original post by rkhan57

Received my offer 5 weeks ago, but I'm waiting on two more universities

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending