The Student Room Group

Cambridge Economics Interview Tips

Would be great if everyone could share their interview preparation tips.

Would be even better if those that have been through the process could tell us what they would have done better in preparation and possibly the style/formatting of the questions asked.

We are all aware that any question that appears on this thread will almost certainly not come up but it helps to know the type of question.

The interview process varies college to college, so if you have been through the process, make your college known :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Original post by EHZ17

Would be even better if those that have been through the process could tell us what they would have done better in preparation and possibly the style/formatting of the questions asked.

We are all aware that any question that appears on this thread will almost certainly not come up but it helps to know the type of question.

The interview process varies college to college, so if you have been through the process, make your college known :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you certain that you'll get an interview?
Original post by YNM96
Are you certain that you'll get an interview?

Nope not at all! This thread would be used by students who do, regardless of my success/failure in gaining interview. I just thought that there are so many Cambridge students who check TSR but not a huge amount of tips, it would help out any prospective student.

Are you?
Reply 3
Original post by EHZ17
Nope not at all! This thread would be used by students who do, regardless of my success/failure in gaining interview. I just thought that there are so many Cambridge students who check TSR but not a huge amount of tips, it would help out any prospective student.

Are you?

Nah. To be honest, I would not even like to expect one, and I'd consider myself, not so much lucky but privileged, in some respects, to get one.
Reply 4
To be fair you know you're gonna get an interview if your UMS is above 93% though because that's the criteria to be automatically pooled.
Original post by YNM96
Nah. To be honest, I would not even like to expect one, and I'd consider myself, not so much lucky but privileged, in some respects, to get one.

Yep, it's an experience that you will remember as well

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mwatters
To be fair you know you're gonna get an interview if your UMS is above 93% though because that's the criteria to be automatically pooled.

By that I better start preparing :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EHZ17

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd say look into micro/macro/maths but not the sort of stuff you do in a level economics, it's completely different. a lot of the interview is intuition and you can't prepare for it. for micro, you need to be good with graphs and with macro you need a strong understanding of the current economic climate and need to be able to form a coherent argument
Original post by Mike_123
I'd say look into micro/macro/maths but not the sort of stuff you do in a level economics, it's completely different. a lot of the interview is intuition and you can't prepare for it. for micro, you need to be good with graphs and with macro you need a strong understanding of the current economic climate and need to be able to form a coherent argument

I'm relatively good with the Economics. I will brush up on plenty of it soon though. As you know from the other thread, I am reading a lot and have been for the last few months. It's really just the maths that I am concerned about.
Reply 9
What kind of questions will you be asked about the books you have read and included in your personal statement?(if at all)
Hi, if the college ask you to provide one piece of your written work, what are they going to do with it?
According to the website, they say that they will use the essay to ask on the interview day. Has anyone been through that process? Please help.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending