The Student Room Group

Is your house haunted?

Another Halloween question. Do you think your house is haunted? Why/Why not?

I don't think mine is because I don't believe that sort of stuff.

Feel free to check out the Halloween Hub
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

No. Never seen or heard anything strange.

We stayed in a youth hostel for a geography field trip once, and that was supposed to be haunted. But I never saw or heard anything while I was there.
No, but the house I lived in until I was 4 was, or so my parents say. Quite a few inexplicable incidents happened there.
Don't think so, but after re-watching Paranormal Activity, I always get the jeepers. :eek:
Reply 4
Original post by Andy98

No, but I believe I've been in a haunted house. It gives me the creeps massively. Not a huge fan!
Reply 5
Sometimes I hear strange noises at night and occasionally there are messages written in blood left on the mirror, but I thought everyone had that?
Reply 6
Original post by RFowler
No. Never seen or heard anything strange.

We stayed in a youth hostel for a geography field trip once, and that was supposed to be haunted. But I never saw or heard anything while I was there.

Fair enough

Original post by Plantagenet Crown
No, but the house I lived in until I was 4 was, or so my parents say. Quite a few inexplicable incidents happened there.

Hmmm, what kind of incidents?

Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel
Don't think so, but after re-watching Paranormal Activity, I always get the jeepers. :eek:

You see I never found paranormal activity scary. I thought it was more funny than anything

Original post by Jeanlucpicard
No, but I believe I've been in a haunted house. It gives me the creeps massively. Not a huge fan!

Can't argue with that

Original post by miser
Sometimes I hear strange noises at night and occasionally there are messages written in blood left on the mirror, but I thought everyone had that?

Hahaha yeah perfectly normal

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
Hmmm, what kind of incidents?

-Mum would see figures of people walk into rooms, think it was my aunt (who was living with us at the time) or my dad, walk into the room and find nobody there.

- She'd be downstairs, hear crying on the baby monitor, go upstairs and find the baby fast asleep and obvious that it had been asleep for ages.

-Hear plenty of footsteps upstairs when everyone was downstairs

-A family friend was woken up by something very cold stroking her cheek. She physically saw a boy who looked around 10 years old dressed in victorian/edwardian clothing who said "do you want to play?" This particular incident happened several times.
-Mum would see figures of people walk into rooms, think it was my aunt (who was living with us at the time) or my dad, walk into the room and find nobody there.

- She'd be downstairs, hear crying on the baby monitor, go upstairs and find the baby fast asleep and obvious that it had been asleep for ages.

-Hear plenty of footsteps upstairs when everyone was downstairs

-A family friend was woken up by something very cold stroking her cheek. She physically saw a boy who looked around 10 years old dressed in victorian/edwardian clothing who said "do you want to play?" This particular incident happened several times.

That is bloody creepy :frown:
I'm terrified of that sort of thing ever happening to me...
Reply 9
Yes it is haunted. I always see a person staring through the window at me at night. I've learnt to ignore it though, since it hasn't affected me too much, apart from the occasional nightmare:cry:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Maid Marian
That is bloody creepy :frown:
I'm terrified of that sort of thing ever happening to me...

Really? I'm more intrigued, I'd love to see a ghost properly up close and try to talk to it, it would be very interesting :lol:
Original post by Andy98

Bruce Wayne's Dad haunts my house.
Really? I'm more intrigued, I'd love to see a ghost properly up close and try to talk to it, it would be very interesting :lol:

Your Sigs are awesome :tongue:

I'd only do it if someone was with me holding my hand :rofl: Could NOT do it on my own. I used to read these Haunted books about my city in year 11 and I wasn't the same for months afterwards, they creeped me out so much. :frown:
I'd only do it if someone was with me holding my hand :rofl: Could NOT do it on my own. I used to read these Haunted books about my city in year 11 and I wasn't the same for months afterwards, they creeped me out so much. :frown:

Lmao, your innocence cracks me up :lol:. And tbh I'm probably making out I'm a lot braver than I actually am :laugh:. Still though, going to one of those haunted locations at night with a group of mates sounds like a good experience :yep:
Lmao, your innocence cracks me up :lol:. And tbh I'm probably making out I'm a lot braver than I actually am :laugh:. Still though, going to one of those haunted locations at night with a group of mates sounds like a good experience :yep:

:colondollar: Hahaha I bet you're brave rly :h: With a group of friends, yep, that would be fun! On your own though ... :nothing: I could never :no:
I believe in it but my house isn't haunted. My old house was though and a definite haunted house I've been in a lot is my auntie's ex partners house. He owns a large Victorian, the kind with twirly stairs and stuff. The vibe I get when I walk into it is really strange. Apparently when I was younger I used to talk to people who weren't actually there, in that house.. although I don't remember it well, but there's been other incidents like when my auntie's friend and her young daughter were alone in the house, her daughter was asleep in the downstairs bedroom and she started screaming and saying she saw a man in front of her (she was about 4 years old) and my auntie's friend swears she was in the living room alone and saw a monk walk in and then just disappear. My auntie also used to say they would hear footsteps walking up and down the stairs while they were in bed, he would go check it out and there'd be no one there. The house is really creepy though, I'd hate to be alone in it
Reply 17
The house that I grew up in had some weird **** happen.

Like my dad was in the (first floor) bathroom having a shower and just outside the bathroom door there was a window. As he was getting out of the shower (bathroom door closed), there was a really loud tapping on the window outside the bathroom, for about a minute, as if someone was knocking on the window with urgency. Can't explain that as there were no branches banging on the window and it was too high for anyone to be doing it.

In the same bathroom me & my sister heard scratching coming from the sauna (don't hate), which sounded like a cat. We were worried, steamed (pun intended) in there and the scratching stopped at literally the second we opened the sauna door.

The house was an ex manor house which had all the servant bells dotted around the house, but no longer connected to a bell. Nothing happened with them but they were kind of freaky.

The house was really run down when we bought it, with smashed windows, graffiti, etc. From the previous owners the Dad had died of a heart attack in the house and the daughter had written the anarchy sign all over her room in spray paint.

It was a freaky house. Loved it though.
I don't know if I believe in ghosts or not. The rational part of me says no, but I have experienced some things that I cannot explain. Especially in this house.

Like, sometimes I hear heavy footsteps going up and down the stairs, when nobody else is home, and it doesn't sound like the cats. I'm not the only one who's heard that. My sister did as well, when she was on the middle floor and I was downstairs and neither of us had walked on the stairs.

And sometimes I get the feeling there's someone or something in the far corner of my bedroom, just like a really eerie sense, I can't explain it. When my sister stayed over she slept in my room and without me saying anything, she said she'd woken up at night and it was like there was someone there, in that same corner. And when a friend from Canada stayed over and slept in my room, the same thing happened to her :confused:.
:colondollar: Hahaha I bet you're brave rly :h: With a group of friends, yep, that would be fun! On your own though ... :nothing: I could never :no:

And what if your friends ran off while you were in there and left you alone in the dark haunted house? You'd hate that.

Quick Reply

Latest