The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tabithacrazy
That's pretty cool :smile: I always feel a bit stupid when I attempt to rap because I can never quite get the words out hahaha :biggrin:

Hahaha yeah, the trick is to find your own flow. I mean I can't do the fast bit in rap God at the same time as eminem because I want to go faster in the first bit of it then slower in the second bit.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
Hahaha yeah, the trick is to find your own flow. I mean I can't do the fast bit in rap God at the same time as eminem because I want to go faster in the first bit of it then slower in the second bit.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah that sounds like a good idea! Whenever I try and rap things, it usually ends up being random songs I find on youtube about the periodic table or something hahaha :')
Yeah that sounds like a good idea! Whenever I try and rap things, it usually ends up being random songs I find on youtube about the periodic table or something hahaha :')

Yeah haha, I just find a beat with a hook and write my own stuff to it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
Yeah haha, I just find a beat with a hook and write my own stuff to it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cool! I play the piano, so sometimes I find a good key and just improvise :smile: I love those random moments and creativitywhen I'm playing and something good comes together!
Cool! I play the piano, so sometimes I find a good key and just improvise :smile: I love those random moments and creativitywhen I'm playing and something good comes together!

Yeah, and half the time I'll just be walking down the street and blurt out a quick something.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
Yeah, and half the time I'll just be walking down the street and blurt out a quick something.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know what you mean! Sometimes I'm just walking along, or trying to go to sleep and I'll just get a random tune in my head, or an idea for something I could do for one of my compositions for my music gcse!
I know what you mean! Sometimes I'm just walking along, or trying to go to sleep and I'll just get a random tune in my head, or an idea for something I could do for one of my compositions for my music gcse!

Yeah haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3987
Original post by Mr...
:mmm:

I know how you feel. We just finished P1 and the only interesting thing we learnt was the Big Bang theory

Ahhhh, P1 :moon: I remember finishing that in year 9
Original post by jakemac
Hello! I'm Jake.
Currently, I'm studying Maths (Edexcel, and I already have a grade C GCSE in maths which I got in year 8), English - Literature (AQA), -Language (AQA), Chemistry (AQA), Biology (AQA), Physics (AQA), History (AQA), Religious Studies (AQA), French (AQA), and Computing (OCR).
After I finish year 11 I might study English Literature, Maths, Further Maths, and Chemistry or maybe History instead of one of those but I'm not really sure; I'm thinking of maybe doing law in the future.
I don't really have any particular hobbies or interests - I read and play video games sometimes and I watch quite a bit of Netflix but I find all my time is dedicated to school really and I'm trying to find something to distract me at the moment.
I'm finding year 10 great compared to year 9 because I'm now in a new school and I have good friends for once :biggrin:. However there is quite a lot of work and I also just managed to mess up an RE exam; I am possibly the first ever person to do that.
Sorry for the longish post 😜

Hello Jake.

I know exactly how you feel because I dedicated all of my time to school. Welcome.

At the moment, I have to spend entire weekend remembering for my french spoken assessment which my teacher only gave us a week to do 😐
Original post by Aph
It is at A2 level but AS might actually be a bit easier:tongue:
yeah, it really depends on your modules though.

My friend in L6 did IGCSE maths; and she's now doing A Level maths. Got A* in GCSE and now is down to a D in A level because its so hard XD

I really doubt ill do maths. It'll probably be Biology in addition to Music and French :P
Original post by BobbiBlue
Hello Jake.

I know exactly how you feel because I dedicated all of my time to school. Welcome.

At the moment, I have to spend entire weekend remembering for my french spoken assessment which my teacher only gave us a week to do 😐

Only one week?!1!1!1!1! We got 2 weeks to prepare and got extra lunchtimes sessions that we could go to if necessary.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3990
Original post by Elliwhi
My friend in L6 did IGCSE maths; and she's now doing A Level maths. Got A* in GCSE and now is down to a D in A level because its so hard XD

I really doubt ill do maths. It'll probably be Biology in addition to Music and French :P
Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I know loads of people like that. Although I'd say it's really easy.

music A-level is really hard:eek: well from what I saw. The practical bit is really hard.
Hello Jake.

At the moment, I have to spend entire weekend remembering for my french spoken assessment which my teacher only gave us a week to do ������

Yeah, my weekend's dedicated to French too! I've got my writing controlled assessment on holidays this week and so far I don't know any of it :cry:
I'm sure it'll be worth it and we'll both get an A* though :biggrin:
Original post by Mr...
No we do them all next year :sad:

I've done one already and I'm in the process of doing my second one :smile:
I was really angry that I've only got a week but there nothing I can do. Some people are refusing to do it all which is really selfish of them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was really angry that I've only got a week but there nothing I can do. Some people are refusing to do it all which is really selfish of them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Only one week sounds really difficult! It sounds like you've got the right attitude though, I suppose all you can do is make the best out of what you've been given :smile:
Original post by jakemac
Yeah, my weekend's dedicated to French too! I've got my writing controlled assessment on holidays this week and so far I don't know any of it :cry:
I'm sure it'll be worth it and we'll both get an A* though :biggrin:

You'll be fine :wink: I just did my CA exams. The writing went okay - trying to not jinx anything by saying it was easy. And the oral was fine too :smile: I was so apprehensive about it that I was almost sick. :teehee: But my teacher gave me good feedback afterwards so it was okay ahaha :P

Original post by Aph
Yeah I know loads of people like that. Although I'd say it's really easy.

music A-level is really hard:eek: well from what I saw. The practical bit is really hard.

Gah I know that you have to write essays at A2 in French and Music so I'm like :eek: But I want to go to King's College London and do Piano performance there, so :tongue:
Reply 3996
Original post by Elliwhi
You'll be fine :wink: I just did my CA exams. The writing went okay - trying to not jinx anything by saying it was easy. And the oral was fine too :smile: I was so apprehensive about it that I was almost sick. :teehee: But my teacher gave me good feedback afterwards so it was okay ahaha :P

Gah I know that you have to write essays at A2 in French and Music so I'm like :eek: But I want to go to King's College London and do Piano performance there, so :tongue:

I hate essays:frown: ohhh good luck.
Original post by Aph
I hate essays:frown: ohhh good luck.

They shouldn't be too bad TBH. English essays have to be the worst of the lot aha :tongue:

But thanks :teehee:
Reply 3998
Original post by Elliwhi
They shouldn't be too bad TBH. English essays have to be the worst of the lot aha :tongue:

But thanks :teehee:

I guess it's down to the exam board.

So why not something like London college of art for piano recital?
Original post by jakemac
Hello! I'm Jake.
Currently, I'm studying Maths (Edexcel, and I already have a grade C GCSE in maths which I got in year 8), English - Literature (AQA), -Language (AQA), Chemistry (AQA), Biology (AQA), Physics (AQA), History (AQA), Religious Studies (AQA), French (AQA), and Computing (OCR).
After I finish year 11 I might study English Literature, Maths, Further Maths, and Chemistry or maybe History instead of one of those but I'm not really sure; I'm thinking of maybe doing law in the future.
I don't really have any particular hobbies or interests - I read and play video games sometimes and I watch quite a bit of Netflix but I find all my time is dedicated to school really and I'm trying to find something to distract me at the moment.
I'm finding year 10 great compared to year 9 because I'm now in a new school and I have good friends for once :biggrin:. However there is quite a lot of work and I also just managed to mess up an RE exam; I am possibly the first ever person to do that.
Sorry for the longish post ������

Hi I'm karmacrunch and welcome to :tsr:! :ahee:

We have quite a few budding lawyers here so you're not on your own. :mmm:
That's good, glad to hear you're liking your new school! :biggrin: What happened with RS? :redface:

Welcome again. Ask any questions if you have any or if you want to help... do so! + Dw! :tongue:

Original post by Black Rose
Fine, don't believe me :huff: :tongue:

Not bad, you? :h:

:teehee:

I'm okay atm. I have homework to do this weekend... :tongue: Have you started any revision? :mmm:

Original post by Mr...
:mmm:

I know how you feel. We just finished P1 and the only interesting thing we learnt was the Big Bang theory

Seriously? :eek: I liked all the topics on energy. :ahee:

Latest