The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Studskate
i dont really know what IGCSE's are but they sound cool , im state i think , well its a public school not private haha used to be private though but yeah we literally just study christianity it gets pretty boring the only reason why i chose it in the first place was to learn about all kinds of different religions you know like briefly go through each cuz there are loads but apparently most people are christians in the world and our school is a christian school lol we go in the cathedral every friday and the principle and head make prayers its cool in a way i guess but it follows up tradition, people call it a posh school i so wanna move mate, ikr most people find business studies easy i dont know why i guess its only me and now we have a coursework due in on monday and i havent even done it lool its on interviewing a small busine asking them loads of questions on customers and that and on products if importing/exporting and that franchise/soletrader/private limited company/paying tax.. its all so comlicated i haven't even done it but i dont know what questions to ask :frown: apparently you need graphs too of how often they get customers and what amount, prices high or low ? quality goods? revenue.. you need to know some math formulas he is definately gonna give me a detention :s-smilie: yeah i know aha might aswell revise all of christianity and then do your opinions in the conclusion and maybe add another religions point of view but i'm doing the same as you then , they have a,b,c,d and e questions loool easy to hard its pretty simple in a way .. just need to remember to put the right things in. I think they should just do a reading exam for french it would've been oo easy, i can ace that , all you need is pronounciation and which words to say and how you say them but i guess they always make the exams hard

you dont really get to have much of a conversation, you just learn about clothes,food,colours,hobbies,where you live but i dont know i just want to be able to talk in french like there should be an exam where french people come from abroad and you talk to them that would be sooo cool lol, sorry i talk loads tho

Our exam boards are very different then if you don't even have a reading paper. Even when I did GCSE French I knew I had to sit a reading paper at the end. Oh well every board is different just work hard. If your doing core science you Defoe aren't doing Igces and it sounds like they would suit you better as there's no coursework or controlled assessments except for English were there is coursework. But yeah. I like R.S and don't worry about French not many can speak it fluently at GCSE. I'm on target for an A*
Original post by Mr...
I mean how much time did you have to memorise the passage you wrote?:redface:

Nothing, I was talking to karmacrunch and it was a joke :tongue:

You don't have any good GCSE French revision sites do you? Apart from bitesize
Original post by Mr...
I mean how much time did you have to memorise the passage you wrote?:redface:

Nothing, I was talking to karmacrunch and it was a joke :tongue:

haha alright, we had like over the holidays , atleast about 3 weeks but im slow and now i'm retaking on wedneday so i had another week so its about 4 weeks but i never really get the time since we just had our english exams before the holidays so i was revising for that but then i missed my exam so i have to retake next year so there was time wasted on revising for that so i just about definately remember the first sentence of first paragraph thats all i can say btw theres 5 paragraphs in tota i dont know how im gonna do this but do you do french gcse??
Original post by ForeverFrench
Our exam boards are very different then if you don't even have a reading paper. Even when I did GCSE French I knew I had to sit a reading paper at the end. Oh well every board is different just work hard. If your doing core science you Defoe aren't doing Igces and it sounds like they would suit you better as there's no coursework or controlled assessments except for English were there is coursework. But yeah. I like R.S and don't worry about French not many can speak it fluently at GCSE. I'm on target for an A*

im not actually sure if we have a reading paper lool but we're doing AQA for french, lool great i might actually have a reading paper , i'll ask my teacher when i go back yeah its definately core science but i think its unit 1 real hard not taking it for as levels and that yeah i know i got a coursework on english on shakespeare haha thats on english lit we spent a whole year on that it was soo boring man, still , i dont know why business studies has one :s-smilie: yeah RS is fine im worried about science exams comng up on friday we ot biology their one after the other and we gotta sit the papers but yeah you're amazing at french , on my last test i got a bare 'D' grade apparently it counts as fail i'll be doing foundation for everything i guess cuz i get 'D's for everything but got 2 'E's for geography and business , still im tryin hard , target grades are 'c' i can just barely pass i guess
im not actually sure if we have a reading paper lool but we're doing AQA for french, lool great i might actually have a reading paper , i'll ask my teacher when i go back yeah its definately core science but i think its unit 1 real hard not taking it for as levels and that yeah i know i got a coursework on english on shakespeare haha thats on english lit we spent a whole year on that it was soo boring man, still , i dont know why business studies has one :s-smilie: yeah RS is fine im worried about science exams comng up on friday we ot biology their one after the other and we gotta sit the papers but yeah you're amazing at french , on my last test i got a bare 'D' grade apparently it counts as fail i'll be doing foundation for everything i guess cuz i get 'D's for everything but got 2 'E's for geography and business , still im tryin hard , target grades are 'c' i can just barely pass i guess

I followed AQA French at my last school and you Defoe have a reading paper and a listening paper. No need to stress yet just keep working on your CA's! You maybe need to revise a little more

Original post by Mr...
I would use linguascope.com and french.about.com
Also, try and learn the words on the spec for each topic in the GCSE:yep:

Hit me up if you have any specific problems:ahee:

Well it sounds like you have a lot on your plate atm but good luck and PM me if you have any problems. I've gone through it befor for my French speaking in January so it can be done.:tongue: I do do GCSE French and I am pretty good (not to toot my own horn)

Thanks MR
It's just because we don't do CA's I have a writing paper in exam week and I'm trying to learn tenses and make sure I know them off by heart
Original post by Mr...
I would use linguascope.com and french.about.com
Also, try and learn the words on the spec for each topic in the GCSE:yep:

Hit me up if you have any specific problems:ahee:

Well it sounds like you have a lot on your plate atm but good luck and PM me if you have any problems. I've gone through it befor for my French speaking in January so it can be done.:tongue: I do do GCSE French and I am pretty good (not to toot my own horn)

yeah i know right and thanks good luck to you too
aha and alright i'll try , cool so i can ask you for help on french yeah :smile: and yes then amazing thanks mate:h:
I followed AQA French at my last school and you Defoe have a reading paper and a listening paper. No need to stress yet just keep working on your CA's! You maybe need to revise a little more

Thanks MR
It's just because we don't do CA's I have a writing paper in exam week and I'm trying to learn tenses and make sure I know them off by heart

yeah alright , i'll do that :smile: its hard not to stress tho loool but y'know i'll try and alright i'll keep at it and try not to miss an exam again i dont like retaking just wanna get it over and done with and get a pass need a job soon too to get a part time somewhere but im working on it :redface:
yeah alright , i'll do that :smile: its hard not to stress tho loool but y'know i'll try and alright i'll keep at it and try not to miss an exam again i dont like retaking just wanna get it over and done with and get a pass need a job soon too to get a part time somewhere but im working on it :redface:

You do know you have to stay in further education until your 18 even if it's an apprenticeship sixth form college
You do know you have to stay in further education until your 18 even if it's an apprenticeship sixth form college

yeah i know , it shoulda been 16 or 17 cuz at 17 you get your drivers lisence and 16 is gcse i guess you need 2 more years or a levels and that then :s-smilie:
still if they drop me down a year i can still leave at 18 which is pretty cool ..can that actually happen? still need a part time job for experience , they look for it when you apply for a job and it'll look good on CV
yeah i know , it shoulda been 16 or 17 cuz at 17 you get your drivers lisence and 16 is gcse i guess you need 2 more years or a levels and that then :s-smilie:
still if they drop me down a year i can still leave at 18 which is pretty cool ..can that actually happen? still need a part time job for experience , they look for it when you apply for a job and it'll look good on CV

Yes they can drop you down year but if it's not a private school/independent school ( where you pay money to go) then it's very very rare normally you should get D's and resit maths and English at a college or sixth form or your current school. Some people who don't get C'a still manage to do NVQ's/vocational subjects alongside resitting their maths and English GCSE's. I'm down a year but I'm at a private school and it's due to bullying and the fact that my current school do IGCSE's and my last school did GCSE's
Original post by 8472
It doesn't. :innocent:

Spoiler

Tempted to say it again. :mmm: But I won't. :tongue:

Original post by Gingerbread101
I hope so :h:
Thanks, you too :awesome: I've got 2 left after half term :yes:

It's soo scary, plus we're starting A2 on 15th so that's basically the start of the new year for me :eek:

:hugs:

You're welcome! :biggrin: Are they spread apart? :redface:
Oh, wow. :zomg: Year 13... :colone:

Its bare hard , exams on wednesday , i can just barely pass wth the accent i guess but i know i'll forget the words theres no way i can memorise till wednesday and i'm:h: going back on monday, science exams on frday (biology) and just too much pressure so given up already just cant do it and i know it, and haha thanks yeah i'm new on here came up yesterday.. just cuz i need alot of help on science but mygcsescience videos are all too long, cant get tooo much information in ygm, year 10 went by soo quickly man i only got like a month left of this year and then im moving to yr11 . compare t to yr 7 it was soo long. yeah im yr10 aha sorry i talk alot but im alright i guess except i'll fail but how are ya?:h:

You're not going to fail. :colonhash: :tongue: Have you tried different methods when you're revising? :redface:

+ I'm fine, thank you. :giggle: Good luck for your exams next week too. :h:

Original post by Mr...
I'm actually on the 18th :mmm:, @greenapple10 I still feel betrayed:hand:

:K: Well... Idk where I got the 20th from. Oops. :tongue: It's not me who doesn't like French. :hand:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oooh, it's almost quarter past 12. :K: :mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6412
Hi hi.
Original post by Aph
Hi hi.

Is this post to me or...? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6414
Original post by karmacrunch
Is this post to me or...? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
All of you really, I haven't been round much...
Original post by Aph
Hi hi.

Hello how are you ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6416
Original post by ScienceFantatic
Hello how are you ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm good, you're up awfully late though.
:creep:
Original post by Aph
I'm good, you're up awfully late though.

Haha yes, I was picking a profile since I've become a more active user of this.

I just had a shower like 40 minutes ago so it refreshed me, so I'm not tired really

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest