The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
Original post by Trihawk7
Glad to see some people alive...

Now why are you up :lolwut:?
Original post by Aph
Now why are you up :lolwut:?

Just spent the last hour and a half discussing space with a friend... Gave me lots of adrenaline... Passion does fuel you I guess... and btw before you ask, no I wasn't messaging KC incase you got that message, because it seemed like it with the :lolwut: thing :lol:
Reply 982
Just spent the last hour and a half discussing space with a friend... Gave me lots of adrenaline... Passion does fuel you I guess... and btw before you ask, no I wasn't messaging KC incase you got that message, because it seemed like it with the :lolwut: thing :lol:

That is exactly what I was about to ask:laugh: so what about space where you argue lig about?
Original post by Aph
That is exactly what I was about to ask:laugh: so what about space where you argue lig about?

Yeah I though so :lol: We're just discussing about how it's infinite, how light prevents us from seeing life, just general things that interest us... I never knew I had a friend who was interested in space until he messaged me with a picture of a fact of "if you were 65 million light years away, you'd see dinosaurs"
Reply 984
Yeah I though so :lol: We're just discussing about how it's infinite, how light prevents us from seeing life, just general things that interest us... I never knew I had a friend who was interested in space until he messaged me with a picture of a fact of "if you were 65 million light years away, you'd see dinosaurs"

Light stops us seeing life? Also space can't be infinite:yep:
because if space were infinite the universe would be infinitely bright. And how didn't you know?
Original post by Aph
Light stops us seeing life? Also space can't be infinite:yep:
because if space were infinite the universe would be infinitely bright. And how didn't you know?

Yeah, as I said with the quote on the other post about 65 million... for all we know we could be staring straight at life but can't see it because it hasn't evolved. What do you mean the universe would be infinitely bright?
Reply 986
Yeah, as I said with the quote on the other post about 65 million... for all we know we could be staring straight at life but can't see it because it hasn't evolved. What do you mean the universe would be infinitely bright?

Yeah I guess that's right.
right so it's a paradox. We assume the universe is homogenous (same throughout) so if this is true there are the same number of stars everywhere in the universe. Therefore if you imagine one area of space and then mulitiply that an infinite amount of times you would get an infinitely bright universe. Which we don't have therefore the universe is finite.
Original post by Aph
right so it's a paradox. We assume the universe is homogenous (same throughout) so if this is true there are the same number of stars everywhere in the universe. Therefore if you imagine one area of space and then mulitiply that an infinite amount of times you would get an infinitely bright universe. Which we don't have therefore the universe is finite.

When I meant it still hasn't evolved I meant, light still hasn't caught up btw, just read it again and thought it made me sound really stupid

I guess so, still mind****s my brain of what you just said :tongue: I'll read it in the morning/afternoon again to see what it means when I'm awake :smile:

Sorry but its 3am, I have to leave this very intriguing conversation now :frown: sorry
Reply 988
When I meant it still hasn't evolved I meant, light still hasn't caught up btw, just read it again and thought it made me sound really stupid

I guess so, still mind****s my brain of what you just said :tongue: I'll read it in the morning/afternoon again to see what it means when I'm awake :smile:

Sorry but its 3am, I have to leave this very intriguing conversation now :frown: sorry

Yeah I understood:thumbsup:
ok I look forward to your in put. (When I typed ok predictive text turned it into pokemon)
night.
Original post by Black Rose
Haha, you'll be fine. That's a good idea, I did that when I first joined but you get to know them eventually :yep: Some stuff can be slightly confusing but I'll explain to you (did you see my wisper? :tongue:)

Ooh you watch Who too? :biggrin: Catch up! It was sooo good. Don't look at the discussion thread, there are spoilers :tongue:

Not much, but extra research stuff for colleges/a levels + to practise Bengali (that's going to take a looong time :tongue:) I feel sorry for you, a levels seem like a lot of work, though I am going to be doing them soon :zomg:

Haha ok, I might be on it tonight and you can explain it all then :tongue:

Yeah its awesome! :biggrin: I don't watch it regularly and stay up random nights to watch it with my parents so I can't catch up :tongue: the last one I watched was the one in the school:colondollar:

Ooh, what are you thinking about for college/ A Levels? :smile: it is a lot of work, but the independence and sixth form privileges are great :wink:
Original post by Aph

Besides if it's infinite explain the expansion

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 991
Original post by Andy98
Besides if it's infinite explain the expansion

Posted from TSR Mobile

That too. And hubbles constant would be messed up if we has an infinite universe.
Original post by Aph
That too. And hubbles constant would be messed up if we has an infinite universe.

Yeah, fair point
Good afternoon everyone :biggrin:
Original post by BBeyond
Good afternoon everyone :biggrin:

Good morning Ben!
Good morning Ben!

'Morning' :s-smilie: Always have to be different don't you Derek :wink:
Original post by BBeyond
'Morning' :s-smilie: Always have to be different don't you Derek :wink:

Howdy partner!
Hi
Adios Amigo!
Bonjour

idk why I did that...
Howdy partner!
Hi
Adios Amigo!
Bonjour

idk why I did that...

You forgot yo :colonhash: Yo is the best opener thing :tongue:
Original post by BBeyond
You forgot yo :colonhash: Yo is the best opener thing :tongue:

I always say yo to friends, I can't say hi to anyone now... it feels so weird doing so...
Original post by karmacrunch
New person! :ahee: Hey I'm karmacrunch and welcome to :tsr:!

Well here you are... It's quarter to 2 so I doubt any Y10s are still online... bar you and I. :tongue:

Ooh, do you sing or play an instrument- since you do Music? :biggrin: I do German and Geography too! :woo:

We have similar (possible) options for A-Level. You'll meet my friend Mr... who loves English and History... + French! :mmm:

Have you considered doing any Psychology or Neuroscience related work as you like.studying people etc.? :redface:

Welcome again + What will you do when we go into Y11 (your username)? :teehee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi I wanted to reply last night but I had account issues, sorry:biggrin:

Thanks this is all kinda new so I'm not sure what to do.

yeah I sing, I also play the harp, violin, clarinet, trumpet, organ, piano and accordion. also great to meat someone with similar interests:hugs:

We do? well that's good then I can always turn to you for help in exams then:biggrin:. I'd love to meet him but why are you friends with a full grown man... isn't that a bit weird?

I did consider it but I prefer more in depth subjects like math:yep:

In which case thank you again and TBH I have no idea:dontknow:

Latest