The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by zhang-liao
2 more years...you'll wish you were doing GCSE's when you're in sixth form sometimes

... But it'll be fun!! Learning even more stuff! :ahee: (most of the time) :mmm:

I think someone might be jealous though... :colone::tongue:

Original post by Aph
Well the moment you do AS no one cares about GCSE, so it'd redundent the moment you complete it...

That's a lie, don't make baseless comments.
Original post by Mr...
What?:redface:

Nothing. A smiley to fill in the space. :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1581
Original post by karmacrunch
... But it'll be fun!! Learning even more stuff! :ahee: (most of the time) :mmm:

I think someone might be jealous though... :colone::tongue:

That's a lie, don't make baseless comments.

Nothing. A smiley to fill in the space. :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not baseless, that ix what every single sixth former is told when they begin, and applying for jobs they don't really care about your GCSE's.
usycool1
back me up please.
Original post by Aph
Ok:h: You'll be lonely then.

Why would I be lonely?

Original post by Mr...

:hi:

Hey dude hows it going?
Reply 1583
Original post by Charleighunicorn
Why would I be lonely?

Hey dude hows it going?

Dead thread.
Original post by Aph
Dead thread.

What happened?
What happened?

Everyone left...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1586
What happened?

:dontknow:
Original post by Mr...
I'm going to take up Italian and Mandarin soon :yep:

OMG. If you do learn Mandarin let me help you with stuff too?? :ahee::ahee::ahee:

Original post by Aph
Not baseless, that ix what every single sixth former is told when they begin, and applying for jobs they don't really care about your GCSE's.

They do care even if they don't say it and you haven't met EVERY sixthformer in the world... Nor have you met EVERY employer.

+ Idk why you're telling this to us? What are you trying to get out of this? Do you think we are going to say, "Let's not work hard or bother at all with our GCSEs"? It's not even funny or very appropriate. We should be encouraged to do be bothered with them not told that 'that they don't even matter'. :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
Everyone left...

Posted from TSR Mobile

That sucks!

i'll get rupert to come on once he's out of depression mode
OMG. If you do learn Mandarin let me help you with stuff too?? :ahee::ahee::ahee:

They do care even if they don't say it and you haven't met EVERY sixthformer in the world... Nor have you met EVERY employer.

+ Idk why you're telling this to us? What are you trying to get out of this? Do you think we are going to say, "Let's not work hard or bother at all with our GCSEs"? It's not even funny or very appropriate. We should be encouraged to do be bothered with them not told that 'that they don't even matter'. :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

You need GCSEs to get a levels, a levels for uni/job, uni for career. Simple. Then once you have experience half of them don't give a toss what grades you have

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1590

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nothing... I was making a passing comment they do affect your A-levels but not much else.
Reply 1591
That sucks!

i'll get rupert to come on once he's out of depression mode

Who?
Original post by zhang-liao
Lucky you all, you aren't suffering the pain of A-Levels :lol:

lol they're not that bad, i actually quite like sixth form XD

Original post by Aph
Well the moment you do AS no one cares about GCSE, so it'd redundent the moment you complete it...

i wrote a piece on this for school and tbh this is probably one of the most stupid things to say

aside from how harsh you're being telling people that what they're doing is essentially worthless, it's not right at all - without half decent GCSEs it can be difficult to get into sixth form and by saying they aren't important you're basically encouraging people not to try their hardest - + if you're applying for something like medicine GCSEs can be pretty important

ofc they arent the be all and end all but a uni student could say exactly the same about a levels, why would they be important once you have a degree?

sorry for getting all ranty at you but it really annoys me when people say this

/rant
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1593
Original post by Arithmeticae
lol they're not that bad, i actually quite like sixth form XD

i wrote a piece on this for school and tbh this is probably one of the most stupid things to say

aside from how harsh you're being telling people that what they're doing is essentially worthless, it's not right at all - without half decent GCSEs it can be difficult to get into sixth form and by saying they aren't important you're basically encouraging people not to try their hardest

a uni student could say exactly the same about a levels, why would they be important once you have a degree?

sorry for getting all ranty at you but it really annoys me when people say this

/rant

No that's right I was saying that they are important nod but not so much once you are doing A-levels and I would agree A-levels are redundent after a degree. I do encourage them just feel that they should know... Plus the amount of lies they are being told:zomg:
Original post by Aph
Who?

smigglewiggle, his real name isn't Rupert I just like to call him that.
Reply 1595

:erm:

What's up with the smigmeister?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aph
No that's right I was saying that they are important nod but not so much once you are doing A-levels and I would agree A-levels are redundent after a degree. I do encourage them just feel that they should know... Plus the amount of lies they are being told:zomg:

certainly didnt sound like that...

tbh there's a huge difference between saying some things at gcse are hugely simplified and what you were saying
Reply 1598
Original post by Arithmeticae
certainly didnt sound like that...

tbh there's a huge difference between saying some things at gcse are hugely simplified and what you were saying

I thought I said that (at first anyway)
ok yes I am probably being dramatic.

Ruperts a cute name though :tongue:

Latest