The Student Room Group

what are the chances of me being accepted into uni?

I'm currently applying for Portsmouth, Manchester met, University of the arts London, De Montfort and Southampton Solent.

All the courses I have picked are based around Media and communications, and all say I need around 260-280 ucas points from at least 2 A levels.

However I'm currently only doing 2 a2's (sociology and media studies) I already have an AS level in philosophy and ethics and I also am doing AS English lit and lang and history.

What are the chances of me getting into uni? is it possible to get into uni with just 2 complete A levels and 3 as levels...?:confused::confused::confused:
I managed to get into university with two full a-levels, and two as-levels. Graduated this year with a 1st in law.

With the universities that you are applying for, I should imagine that you will be fine.

If not, its not the end of the world (as much as these forums like to think it is).
Manchester Metropolitan University will let ANYONE in.
Reply 3
Original post by WeedCanKill
Manchester Metropolitan University will let ANYONE in.

but is it a crap uni...? I mean I'd rather wait a year and go to a good uni than I really **** one?
Reply 4
Original post by Debdener
I managed to get into university with two full a-levels, and two as-levels. Graduated this year with a 1st in law.

With the universities that you are applying for, I should imagine that you will be fine.

If not, its not the end of the world (as much as these forums like to think it is).

thank you thats very reassuring I don't feel like a complete failure now
Reply 5
It is possible, as long as you get the requisite number of UCAS points stipulated by the university. If the entry requirements for the courses you have chosen ask for points (gained at both A2 and AS), rather than specific A2 grades, you should be fine.

If you like the courses and universities you have chosen, that's all that matters. Don't get hung up on general opinion, it has to be right for you.

Good luck!
Original post by penski5
but is it a crap uni...? I mean I'd rather wait a year and go to a good uni than I really **** one?

Yes it is, a degree from there is not worth the paper it's printed on
Original post by penski5

As I said earlier, take everything that is said on these forums with a pinch of salt.

Apparently by a fair few people's standards on this forum, that unless it is a top 10 university, then its existence is futile.

Go to a university that you will enjoy, and that you feel homely in. That way, you're more likely to do well (particularly if you live away from home).

I went to a university, which by some forum user's opinions, has a pointless existence. However, I managed to get a job straight out of university without any problems, earning £35k a year.

Remember: your university doesn't define you as an individual, nor does it make you anymore or less important than anyone else.
They ask for 2 A-levels, thus you'll be fine with only two A-levels.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending