The Student Room Group

A Level English Language help

Hi guys, got two questions I need some advice on for my coursework (An obituary) :smile:

Firstly, 'parallelism':

I've been analysing my own work and trying to work out which is key feature, which bit is parallelism?

The world has lost a huge musical talent. Two parents have lost their child. Hundreds of friends have lost their companion. Millions of fans have lost their star.

But the saddest part of all is that somewhere along the
line, well before her foreseeable death, Amy Winehouse lost herself.

Is it the repletion of the modifier 'lost' that is parallelism or is it the repetition of the clause 'has lost', 'have lost' etc?

Secondly, 'references':

I decided to use a quote from the mother of the person "Early fame has overwhelmed you", as my subheading, it is later used in a paragraph of spoken text in which is taken from a previous interview with the mother the article.

Is this an anaphoric or cataphoric reference, or neither?

Thanks so much!
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending