The Student Room Group
Reply 1
lolz I havent ever heard of this uni,and trust me I've heard of even weirder ones like Uni of Lincoln and co. LOL
Reply 2
Xrypto
Hello,
I was wondering about going to the American University of Richmond in London, as since it doesn't fall into the catorgey of British Uni, this seemed more applicable. I was just wondering has anyone thought about it and what grades did you get if you did As levels and is well worth it?

I know what university your talking about, i live near it. It looks like a great university to go to. the American University of Richmond in London is a American college. You should have a look at thier website.
As far as I know it's a private - and therefore expensive university. Academically I don't even know if it is comparable to the likes of Leeds and Birmingham. If you want to study in the US go to the US. There's not much point in paying US prices in Britain. If you stay in Britain go to a normal British uni...
Reply 4
It has all the disadvantages of an American degree (i.e. high cost, uncertain employer recognition) with none of the advantages (i.e. actually being in the states). The British accredition is through the Open University, whose popularity with employers is principally due to the dedication distance learning requires, and obviously Richmond doesn't have that. If a college's sole selling point is the fact the degree is dual accredited, you have to ask if that's worth the extra cost - and since British/US degrees are both fairly well respected, you might be better off at another British uni and saving money, or actually attending a US college.
i dn;t know about the grades,but i live 10mins away.Its a beautiful area and the people are nice,alot of foreign students probs more than local students.

For accounting (can;t remember specifically) they asked for like ccc which in my view is not Amazing.
I was alsmost applied to Richmond 3 years ago to study history. At the time they told me I could get in with AS levels and that id be able to start in december which would have been halfway through my A2 Levels. They were asking for only 160 ucas point. I was put off by this, Sounded too dodgy.
Reply 7
yup i was going to apply too, untill i got a careers councellor to look into it more- doesnt seem very good as past students have complained about teaching standards. Seems a bit too flashy without anything to be flashy about!

i wouldnt recommend it.
Reply 8
kuptaan
lolz I havent ever heard of this uni,and trust me I've heard of even weirder ones like Uni of Lincoln and co. LOL

Whats wrong with Uni of Lincoln :frown: [I don't go there I live in Lincoln!!]
Reply 9
this university is not at all popular... itz an ok type university

Latest

Trending

Trending