The Student Room Group

Boyfriend broke up with me

Right, so yesterday my bf of nearly 2 years broke up with me over text while I was out shopping with family, obviously this resulted in me crying my eyes out in front of people, but it just came out of the blue, he slept at mine Wednesday to Thursday and then Friday he broke up with me.
His excuse is 'he isn't happy anymore and doesn't want to be a couple' but whenever he is with me he's fine, happy and his normal self, although he won't give me proper answers on why he's unhappy.

He was my first long term boyfriend and my first for everything and I have grown so many feelings for him, it was just about the be our anniversary and he was going to take me out but then this.

I can't let him go, I can't stop crying and feel absolutely sick to my stomach.
He didn't even want to work out our problems first he just wanted to go, its like he's just given up on me, yes we have little debates over petty things but we always make up after... :frown: :frown:

Advice please?
Oh sweetie *hugs* the first time you break up with someone it's really hard.it does get easier just with time. Be nice to yourself, pamper yourself and try not to contact him, with time things will get easier x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by iicheshirecatii
Right, so yesterday my bf of nearly 2 years broke up with me over text while I was out shopping with family, obviously this resulted in me crying my eyes out in front of people, but it just came out of the blue, he slept at mine Wednesday to Thursday and then Friday he broke up with me.
His excuse is 'he isn't happy anymore and doesn't want to be a couple' but whenever he is with me he's fine, happy and his normal self, although he won't give me proper answers on why he's unhappy.

He was my first long term boyfriend and my first for everything and I have grown so many feelings for him, it was just about the be our anniversary and he was going to take me out but then this.

I can't let him go, I can't stop crying and feel absolutely sick to my stomach.
He didn't even want to work out our problems first he just wanted to go, its like he's just given up on me, yes we have little debates over petty things but we always make up after... :frown: :frown:

Advice please?

Stop talking to him, find a way to vent, do stuff that makes you happy..... And ultimately, let yourself feel. Oh, and give yourself time - it took me a couple of weeks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Vapor
Ahh that sucks.

The fact that he broke up with you by text as well shows hes a dickhead too.

Ultimately, what you have to realise is that now he's gone ahead and done this, you won't be able to trust him like you have before ever again. Even if he apologized later on and said he doesn't know what he was thinking, you'll always be paranoid that it will happen again because of how out of the blue this was.

It sounds like he's just moved on in someway. You need to try and do so aswell. Block him to the point where he doesn't exist and move on with life. Of course you won't do this though, because noone ever does with their first.

I didn't need to - she did it for me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Vapor
??

She just shut down all communication.... Even if I wanted to talk I couldn't

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by Vapor
How long ago did it happen ?

A few weeks ago, but it's all good now

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Vapor
It happened to me a few years back too. She came back begging after a few months.

I told her to shove it.

Yeah but I doubt she's coming back to me

Posted from TSR Mobile
This doesn't sound very fixable. I don't know your boyfriend but it sounds like he just got bored of the relationship... He also sounds either cowardly or a bit of a ****, so you're probably better off without him.
Reply 8
Original post by Vapor
Well I didn't either. No one does.

At the end of the day, if she doesn't, she doesn't and if she does you tell her to fork off. If people are capable of doing things like that, experience tells me they'll do it again.

Not once have I ever just broken up with someone and then ignored them and I doubt you have either. I wouldn't be able to do something like that and I want a partner who wouldn't either.

I know, besides I think I've found a keeper now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
It is advisable to just get over him. Now I know that seems brutal but it is the only way. He has made his point that he doesn't want to see you again which at this time may seem like the end of the world but you will look back at it and realise that it is his loss. Finally don't let this break you if you do he wins and you will find it difficult to move on. As I saw on some other posts it is a good idea to spend time with family and do stuff that you enjoy with friends. They will act as you cushion and allow you to recover and get back on you feet. :smile:
Reply 11
Maybe those "little petty debates" actually really annoy him, every time you "make up" makes him feel sick inside, and maybe his "happy normal self" is the suppressed and anxious guy you've turned him into.

You are perhaps not submissive enough for him.
(edited 9 years ago)
Sounds like a prick anyway.
You should obviously try to get over him, but that's not the easiest thing to do or even think.
What I will say is that your best (and this is still very small) chance of salvaging the relationship is to cut contact. Don't beg. Don't even talk to him. Right now he knows you're waitong and he can have you whenever he wants so doesn't care. If he realises that you're noh there crying and begging, in fact, you aren't talking to him, it'll make him rethink. And if he does miss you, this is what will make him realise it.
2 year relationship and he broke up with you by text?!

I think it's fair to say you'll find someone who'll have more respect for you...

IT's hard to break u but you'll get over it with time, tis the best healer! :smile:

Meanwhile enjoy the freedom of being single and keep busy! go out with your friends, treat yourself, work hard etc..
When I broke up with my first boyfriend and I was devastated my dad told me " dont worry hunny, men are like bus stops to pretty girls like you, there will be another along in 10 minutes", I know your sad now, but the good thing about his crappy advice was that he was right :smile:
Original post by poison ivii
When I broke up with my first boyfriend and I was devastated my dad told me " dont worry hunny, men are like bus stops to pretty girls like you, there will be another along in 10 minutes", I know your sad now, but the good thing about his crappy advice was that he was right :smile:

So true!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Well potentially he's just scared of commitment? Coming up to your anniversary, perhaps he just realised he couldn't keep doing it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending