The Student Room Group
Sadly, it's been a while since I studied privation in my Psychology A-level -- so no, I'm afraid I can't remember the exact study you mention. :frown: Have you tried looking in some books in your nearest library on the subject? They might mention Wayne Dennis somewhere.
Reply 2
Your teacher didn't give you an easy case to study, mainly because I myself have looked and can find next to nothing on it. Here is the only thing I've come across, and I'm sorry to say, it's very vague:

The question arises as to whether children can recover from extreme adverse early experiences. Research evidence indicates that children can recover if given a good home environment with plenty of love and individual attention. The longer the deprivation, the more uncertain the recovery, but even later in life children can make reasonable progress (Dennis, 1973).

- Revise Psychology For AS Level, Roz Brody & Diana Dwyer.

At least that shows the conclusion of the research. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
Thanks for the help. I've just about managed to piece together bits and pieces from different textbooks etc. so I should be ok now.

Latest

Trending

Trending