The Student Room Group
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website

City university applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Hi, I got offers for Business Management (2015) from 4 universities: City University London, Loughborough University, University of Birmingham, University of Reading. From the UK University League Table 2015, the ranking for Business & Management Studies is: Loughborough 8, Birmingham 13, City 14, Reading 16. On UCAS I have to decide only for 2 of them: the Firm Offer and the Insurance Offer. What is your preference? PS: I am an international student.
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website
Reply 161
Hi guys :smile: I have a unconditional offer for foundation in Law at into city (international student) anybody else?
Hey everyone!
There's a group set up for us all on FB so I thought I'd share it with you all!

Here's the link:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/780991818642858/
Original post by SarahSBhuiyan
Hello I got accepted for GDL at City University and looking for anyone who is still looking for accommodation? Please contact me. I am currently doing my undergrad at Uni of Kent.

Hi
I have got accepted for MSc. Corporate Finance at Cass. Looking for accommodation nowadays.

I am thinking of taking a place at Private Halls such as Pure Highbury, IQ Hoxton, or Victoria Hall. But at the same time I am very confused whether it would be a cool option or not.

What accommodation you are looking for?
(edited 9 years ago)
Sup guys, any applicants for the journalism course? I kinda managed to negotiate my way to an interview/test to judge my suitability on Thursday through emailing the admissions department. It's a long story. Admin there is speedy and very efficient. Polite, too.

So yeah, anyone had this interview/test?
Reply 165
Original post by HannahLRussell
Hi, I have firmed my place at City University to do child nursing :smile: I am trying to decide on whether I should apply to liberty court or Liberty Hall accommodation? Please help! Xx

Hey :smile:
which accommodation did you put as your first choice after?
I have firmed my place for midwifery, so was just wondering because I've heard they try and put healthcare students together :smile: x
Hey guys,

There's a group on FB for everyone starting at City Uni in 2015. I thought I would share it with you.

Here's the link:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/780991818642858/
Hi! I just have firmed place for City Business studies :smile: I have visited City on Easter holidays and attended guided tour. I'm international student from Lithuania. Is there any applicants for Business studies at Cass?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sarthak Jain
Hi
I have got accepted for MSc. Corporate Finance at Cass. Looking for accommodation nowadays.

I am thinking of taking a place at Private Halls such as Pure Highbury, IQ Hoxton, or Victoria Hall. But at the same time I am very confused whether it would be a cool option or not.

What accommodation you are looking for?

Thats great! I have got accepted for GDL! I am looking for a place at private halls as well! Pure city is quite good but the only rooms left are two bed apartments for which i am looking for a second person.
I got my offer from City in November and accepted it as my firm in March, just wondering if anyone else got an email saying their UCAS had been updated as apparently something with my City offer changed, but the information still seems the same?
MA culture policy and management ,2015
nvm.
I've firmed my offer for International Politics and Sociology :smile:
Hi everyone, I have applied for City, Royal Holloway, SOAS, LSE and Queen Mary. I have 2 condition offers from Royal and City as an international student. But I am not really understanding what people are talking about when they say the words "clearing", "insurance" or "firm" offers. Can someone explain this to me please
Reply 174
Clearing is when you decide to decline all of your offers and choose another university (if you change your mind or your results are better than expected).
A firm offer is your 1st preffered choice for your studies
An insurance is your 2nd preffered choice.
Usually your firm choice is the one with higher entry requirements
If you dont match them then you get in to your insurance choice
Original post by FR001
Clearing is when you decide to decline all of your offers and choose another university (if you change your mind or your results are better than expected).
A firm offer is your 1st preffered choice for your studies
An insurance is your 2nd preffered choice.
Usually your firm choice is the one with higher entry requirements
If you dont match them then you get in to your insurance choice

thank you!
Is anyone here doing law like me?
Loved reading this forum. City has made me unconditioanl offer for IFRM starting this September '15. Still to sirt out accomoation etc. Little worries anout fitting in, I'm a mature student (26!) and looking forward to learning all there is to know and having a great time too!
hi there ive gotten a conditional offer for management in cass business school for undergraduate study this september. the only thing that im concern about would be the student union and involvement they've got there. top london universities like LSE, UCL, Kings etc has got great student activities and involvement amongst themselves, so i was wondering if anyone here with an idea would give me a glimpse of how the student life would be like there? :smile:
thankssss!
Original post by George Fentiman
Loved reading this forum. City has made me unconditioanl offer for IFRM starting this September '15. Still to sirt out accomoation etc. Little worries anout fitting in, I'm a mature student (26!) and looking forward to learning all there is to know and having a great time too!

Wish I received an unconditional from Cass! Ive got a conditional for IFRM.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending