The Student Room Group
Students on campus
York St John University
York
Visit website

York St John University applicants for 2015 entry

Who's applying to York St John next year? What will you be studying? :smile:

You can connect here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/connect/university/york_st_john_university

:biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I've heard that more and more universities are tempting applicants with unconditional offers if you make them your firm choice. Does anyone know if York St John have a policy of offering unconditional offers to students who have not yet taken their A2 exams?
Students on campus
York St John University
York
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Who's applying to York St John next year? What will you be studying? :smile:

You can connect here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/connect/university/york_st_john_university

:biggrin:

Hiya I'm applying for York St John! I went to an open day and absolutely loved it, I'm hoping to study English Language and Literature, I hope I get an offer!
im thinking of playing to st York too :smile:
I want to study teaching English as a foreign language and Spanish, although I'm a bit worried about the uni ranking :smile:
I'm applying for youth and community work! :3
I've got my conditional offer for York St John and I'm thinking about putting it as my first choice.
I got told at the interview I have a conditional but it hasn't come up on ucas :s-smilie: but definitely my first choice when it comes through!
Original post by Tashtroubles
I got told at the interview I have a conditional but it hasn't come up on ucas :s-smilie: but definitely my first choice when it comes through!

Hopefully it'll come through. What grades do you have to get? Have you thought what accommodation you're going to pick.
I hope i can get to know some people before I go :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SophhFrog
Hopefully it'll come through. What grades do you have to get? Have you thought what accommodation you're going to pick.
I hope i can get to know some people before I go :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

280 ucas point and a DBS clearance :smile: I'm thinking St johns Central you? What course you applied for?
I've applied for English Literature and have received a conditional offer:smile:
Reply 10
I've been thinking about York Central accommodation as well! I think I need to go for another open day before I make a decision though

Posted from TSR Mobile
280 ucas point and a DBS clearance :smile: I'm thinking St johns Central you? What course you applied for?

I've got to get 280 UCAS points too. I applied for Education studies and English literature but also English literature just incase and I've got offers for both.

I'll have to have a look on the website at those as I didn't get time to look. At the moment I was thinking about city residence.

What are you putting as your second choice? For my second choice I've got a conditional offer for a uni that I'm not too keen on and an interview for another that I've never visited so I'm not sure what to pick :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Clo.3
I've been thinking about York Central accommodation as well! I think I need to go for another open day before I make a decision though

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's what I wanted to do but I'm sure the next open day is after we can fill in our accommodation forms.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've got to get 280 UCAS points too. I applied for Education studies and English literature but also English literature just incase and I've got offers for both.

I'll have to have a look on the website at those as I didn't get time to look. At the moment I was thinking about city residence.

What are you putting as your second choice? For my second choice I've got a conditional offer for a uni that I'm not too keen on and an interview for another that I've never visited so I'm not sure what to pick :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nice! Good choices and I'm putting Huddersfield and yeah but does anyone know like what happens about the accommodation applications because it made out as if they choice for you really depending on availablity and I don't want to be stuck somewhere I don't really like haha
Nice! Good choices and I'm putting Huddersfield and yeah but does anyone know like what happens about the accommodation applications because it made out as if they choice for you really depending on availablity and I don't want to be stuck somewhere I don't really like haha

I'm not totally sure. But I think if you look on the website it will tell you. From what I understand if we put it as our first choice they will send us accommodation forms. I'm sure they let you choose cause otherwise you might be put somewhere you cannot afford or something.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi has anyone applied for nursing at York pleade? If do have you heard from them? I'm still waiting to find out if I've even been short listed :smile:
I'm not totally sure. But I think if you look on the website it will tell you. From what I understand if we put it as our first choice they will send us accommodation forms. I'm sure they let you choose cause otherwise you might be put somewhere you cannot afford or something.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah that's true! Thanks! What are you thinking accommodation wise? Studio? En-suite? Etc
Original post by Shelleyk1969
Hi has anyone applied for nursing at York pleade? If do have you heard from them? I'm still waiting to find out if I've even been short listed :smile:

Good luck! Hope it goes well 😃
Yeah that's true! Thanks! What are you thinking accommodation wise? Studio? En-suite? Etc

I'm thinking about en suite for sure. Possibly the city residence as I only looked at the on campus accommodation. I'm not too sure though.

What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
En-suites a must haha and I've seen the on campus one and I'm not keen so yeah any that are in easy walking distance and have en-suites! Need to look at them all online again and just keep watching the tours because I agree that they probs won't be holding any tours till after they send the accommodation letters out

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending