The Student Room Group

I don't know how to recover from NPD

I've recently been diagnosed with narcissistic personality disorder and I have no idea how I can recover. I know I am a compensatory narcissist who acts in a narcissistic manner in order to compensate for deep insecurities and feelings of worthlessness. I know this isn't an expert forum or anything, but I'm really at a loss. I don't want to be a narcissist - it just makes everyone hate me.
Reply 1
Original post by Asexual Demigod
I've recently been diagnosed with narcissistic personality disorder and I have no idea how I can recover. I know I am a compensatory narcissist who acts in a narcissistic manner in order to compensate for deep insecurities and feelings of worthlessness. I know this isn't an expert forum or anything, but I'm really at a loss. I don't want to be a narcissist - it just makes everyone hate me.

You choose to act the way you do. IF you openly admit you are a narcissist then ofcourse you are going to be diagnoses with this disorder because you are faking your behaviour.

Your only issue is to stop being fake and try to adapt another personality. since you can do that.

Being yourself would we worthless because there is no such thing- it is too broad

So maybe be still be fake but another type

haha

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I know this is a basic response, but were you diagnosed by an NHS expert? What did the person who diagnosed you suggest that you do now? Did they refer you for treatment? If in doubt - go to your GP and start from there. Good luck - don't despair! No one hates you - I bet lots of people like you a lot!
Original post by jumjum
You choose to act the way you do. IF you openly admit you are a narcissist then ofcourse you are going to be diagnoses with this disorder because you are faking your behaviour.

Your only issue is to stop being fake and try to adapt another personality. since you can do that.

Being yourself would we worthless because there is no such thing- it is too broad

So maybe be still be fake but another type

haha

I'm not faking anything. I was diagnosed before I knew I was a narcissist.
Reply 4
I'm not faking anything. I was diagnosed before I knew I was a narcissist.

pm you

Quick Reply

Latest