The Student Room Group

predicted grades or AS results

I've heard so much about this, i just wanted to get it clarified.

I got an E in one AS level overall (got a U in one unit, bought my grade down massively), but im retaking that unit.

i got 2 B'S in my other subjects but wont that E look so bad on ucas, that unis will not want to accept me for the course i wanna take.

my teacher is like to predict me D/C for that subject. if she was to predict me a D will unis still accpet me even though its a BBC offer.

i hope i've been clear thanks for your comments.
Reply 1
AS-Level grades give an indication to admissions of the level you are at and working towards. However, they have to appreciate your teacher's prediction and they will know full well that you are likely to retake certain modules and therefore perform better for the whole A-Level. I would say that both are equally important, but keep in mind that a lot of centres do not 'cash in' AS grades, in which case admissions only have predictions to go by.

If you are predicted BBD, then yes universities can still make you an offer of BBC. I assume you are declaring your AS results and module grades. Seeing that one specific module bought down your third subject to an E, admissions should be able to decipher that you are capable of gaining a higher grade.

Make sure you include a few insurance choices out of your 6 though (2 is usually ideal); because you never know how competitive it may be.
Most unis tend to be quite lenient when it comes to dropping a grade as long as the course isn't really competitive, which it probably isn't if they're asking for BBC, so you should be OK with predictions of BBD as long as you have a good personal statement and reference As sugardaddy said, they'll be able to see from your module grades that it was only one module pulling you down and that you're very likely to retake it.

Latest

Trending

Trending