The Student Room Group
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

Forensic Science and Criminal Investigation Foundation Entry Query

Hey guys, I'm a secondary school student interested in the course, but I'm wondering if anyone could tell me whether I should apply to the foundation entry version of the course.

I'm part of the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme and taking Environmental Systems & Societies at standard level. It's sort of a mix of ecology and geography, but isn't like the other conventional sciences (biology, chemistry, etc). I was pretty terrible at Science during my GCSEs, hence my decision to take ESS. Does this foundation entry version of the course contain content that gives me an opportunity to catch up on the Science-aspects which I may have missed during the last few years, or should I try applying to the Policing and Criminal Investigation course instead?
Original post by maclauc
Hey guys, I'm a secondary school student interested in the course, but I'm wondering if anyone could tell me whether I should apply to the foundation entry version of the course.

I'm part of the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme and taking Environmental Systems & Societies at standard level. It's sort of a mix of ecology and geography, but isn't like the other conventional sciences (biology, chemistry, etc). I was pretty terrible at Science during my GCSEs, hence my decision to take ESS. Does this foundation entry version of the course contain content that gives me an opportunity to catch up on the Science-aspects which I may have missed during the last few years, or should I try applying to the Policing and Criminal Investigation course instead?

Do, whats right for you.. I'm hoping to get into the Policing and Criminal Investigation course and the foundation entry as a back up. Don't know if it helps but you could also apply for both.
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by maclauc

I am applying to the foundation year for this course and I have heard that those who sit through the foundation year get just as good if not better grades than those who didn't. I think they will go over all of the science that you need. I took biology at alevel but all other sciences I struggle with. At the end of the day you have to think about what's best for you, which would get you where you want to be in life and which will you find most interesting. One thing I found out on the open day for uclan is that you can actually do a foundation year just on science and they will let you take FSCI after that. That might be an option you might be interested in. I would try emailing someone there, try Kev Pritchard I think he is the head of that department.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending