The Student Room Group

OCR A452 / A453 Computing

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
yes it is
Reply 61
Original post by mufm4n
hey I need some help on my A452 practical investigation the question is -Linux enables tasks which are regularly carried out to be automated through the use of shell scripts. Plan, Write and test a shell script that could automate the task of creating new users and assigning them to groups

Ive just completed that, took me 7 hours in total from not having a clue how to script in bash to having a finished and working solution. Let me know if you need any help
hey baja202, can i please have a look at your A452 Plz
Original post by conron
The OCR Theory paper is extremely easy, Simple DNS, Database theory, Hardware, CPU, etc.

The A452 / A453 Controlled Assessments are quite a challenge however and at first glance look quite simple, however they are always a lot harder. Saying this, the Controlled Assessment doesn't require 20 hours worth of work, I did my A453 in about 5, and got 42/45 marks resulting in an A*

If anyone would like a look at some material from the course, whether it be work of my own regarding the theory, example response to the ca, just let me know.

I know this is very late but I am going to be doing computer science and if its possible can I look at some of the material like the ca =)
Can someone help me with my A452 App inventor campus CA please
I need help with the blocks. Plz.CA due next week.

Original post by Baja202
Ive just completed that, took me 7 hours in total from not having a clue how to script in bash to having a finished and working solution. Let me know if you need any help
Original post by sami262
Original post by conron
The OCR Theory paper is extremely easy, Simple DNS, Database theory, Hardware, CPU, etc.

The A452 / A453 Controlled Assessments are quite a challenge however and at first glance look quite simple, however they are always a lot harder. Saying this, the Controlled Assessment doesn't require 20 hours worth of work, I did my A453 in about 5, and got 42/45 marks resulting in an A*

If anyone would like a look at some material from the course, whether it be work of my own regarding the theory, example response to the ca, just let me know.
Please can i have a look I cannot program and its due in a few weeks
I know you posted this ages ago, but could you possibly give me a little help with my A452, my teacher is shockingly bad and i am really strugling and really behind
Reply 69
I just started A452 last week, I don't understand how I should be setting it all out and how much detail to add in order to get a high grade. I'm not bad at computing, it's just that we don't have the best teacher,and we haven't done much preparation for coursework in class, I really want to get a good grade. I would appreciate it if you could help me on how to structure my work and the basics of the coursework, or maybe let me look at your work. I really need help.
Reply 70
Original post by conron

could i have one please! :^)
same here? ;-;
Reply 72
Original post by Baja202

Hey, don't know if you're still offering help but I really need some, especially on the code.
What are you guys doing for your controlled assessments? For the first one we had to create an app for reserving computers in a university using appinventor (by the MIT, who made Scratch), and for the second one we created a program for primary school children that asks them arithmatic questions, then an addon that allows you to sort the data alphabetically, numerically, etc.
are you guys in year 10 and doing the 2016 controlled assessment??
Reply 75
Original post by 15anonymous15
are you guys in year 10 and doing the 2016 controlled assessment??

Yepp in year 10, I'm doing A452 on Java script and html
Original post by Rii.M
Yepp in year 10, I'm doing A452 on Java script and html

heyy have you done the A453 task in python? I think for this Year
Reply 77
Original post by KomradeKorbyn
What are you guys doing for your controlled assessments? For the first one we had to create an app for reserving computers in a university using appinventor (by the MIT, who made Scratch), and for the second one we created a program for primary school children that asks them arithmatic questions, then an addon that allows you to sort the data alphabetically, numerically, etc.

This is my first controlled assessment, I was given 3 tasks on Java Script and HTML and we have to research the programming language and do the tasks, but the thing is, we have no prior knowledge of the language we are supposed to be coding in and I have no idea how I'm supposed to be laying this out and how much to add.:s-smilie:
Reply 78
Original post by 15anonymous15
heyy have you done the A453 task in python? I think for this Year

No, I've only just started the A452 task on Java Script and HTML, haven't done any A453 tasks.
Original post by dJt56789
would i be able to see yor a453 document

Have you been able to complete task 3 a453 Im still struggling

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending