The Student Room Group

Guy flirts incessantly with me, but he has a girlfriend...

At no point have I encouraged this behaviour. I like him, there is definitely a connection there, but I've never let it show on my behalf, certainly not consciously. I would never ever sink so low as to go for a guy who has a girlfriend.

But the thing is, he won't leave me alone! He texts me nearly every day saying some really flirtatious stuff. Like I said, at no point have I encouraged it. So I don't really understand why he does it. Sometimes I just ignore it and other times I change the subject quickly.

The things he says are things like "you're really pretty", "just come over to mine and we can watch a movie together" and "you're a really nice girl"

Should I confront him about this? Its only been going on for the past week or two- but if I were his girlfriend I would not be happy. Its not right.

p.s. we work together, if that's of any relevance. I've never met the girlfriend but from what I gather they're pretty serious...
Change numbers and yeah confront him and tell him you're uncomfortable by it and he shouldn't be doing this as he has a girlfriend and how would she feel about it etc etc
Reply 2
"Hey I don't think its appropriate to be sending me these messages while you are in a relationship, I would not like it if I was in her shoes and found out."

Simple really no?
Reply 3
Yikes, that's not a nice situation to be in. If it seems that he and his girlfriend are quite serious, I'd confront him about it and make it clear that his too friendly remarks have been unsettling you and are just not appropriate for someone who's in a serious relationship with another girl. Because in the event that his girlfriend ever finds out, it's possible that you'll look like the bad guy even though you haven't been encouraging his behaviour. Also since you work together, it's only right that your relationship with him remains as professional as possible.
Reply 4
Original post by Sulpha
Sort your life out, you shouldn't even have needed to post a question on this.
My life is sorted, thanks. I think you'll find its him in the wrong...
The number of women that I've had eye me, etc but have found they are in a relationship, but hey it seems ok for a woman to do it. So were they into me or him, they didn't finish with the guy or make any kind of suggestive remarks to me. So where did I stand exactly? Seems many women think it ok to do this and carry on with a relationship. My position is that if the other person flirts onto you make or female then they should make obvious gestures that they want to engage in a relationship with you & not play games.

To me it sounds like he may just want you for a bit on the side, he's got one so he thinks why not use the same stuff he got on the first to get another for a bit of fun. Just message him back stating that you know he has a girlfriend and he should leave her first if his genuine and make sure he does. If he makes a move to get you in bed straight away then he's just interested in s quickie. He may be genuine but find this out first before you try and police the situation by telling him to shove off as he has a girlfriend.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending