The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hello,I join here because I want to improve my English and make friends.By the way,I am a Chinese and my major in university is English Literature. You know,our teachers are almost Chinese and we hardly use English in our daily life.I think I can not really improve my English in that way.However,I know TSR by accident and join it.I hope it will help.
Original post by Jenna Zhang
Hello,I join here because I want to improve my English and make friends.By the way,I am a Chinese and my major in university is English Literature. You know,our teachers are almost Chinese and we hardly use English in our daily life.I think I can not really improve my English in that way.However,I know TSR by accident and join it.I hope it will help.

Hi,

Im new too!

I just wanted to suggest maybe reading books would help? They can be interesting and also helps expand your vocabulary.

:cool:
Reply 3
Original post by Jenna Zhang

Hi Jenny, currently I've been trying to teach myself Spanish and Korean my tips for language would probably be:
1- Movies - either watch English movies with Chinese subtitles, or Chinese movies with English subtitles; whichever you find better, and then bit by bit try watch movies without the subtitles. It helps a lot. :smile:
2- Meet someone better than you at English to practice with, luckily I have a Spanish-speaking friend who I practice with.

Good Luck :smile:
Hi, i joined today
Reply 5
Hi, I joined today to just help myself in the process of applying to University and get advice from people who have applied to my course in the past and those who are applying at the same time as me.
Reply 6
Hello! I have been on the site before but only just got round to making an account.
Reply 7
Hey,
I'm new too, :smile:
although I've used this site before, I just made an account today because I need help with a history essay.:redface:
mainly just lurked decided to make an account a couple days ago
Hello i've just joined today :smile:
Reply 10
HEY!

I just joined today. I've been on this site before but I thought id join as I needed help with biology.

Tay x
Reply 11
Hello,
I joined TSR today, hoping to get educational friends to help me in my career path.
I am a Nigerian wishing to study in UK postgraduate course in clinical anatomy or radiology or clinical primary health care.
My qualifications are MBBS and MSc Human anatomy both obtained in Sudan universities.
I wish my learned colleagues to help on admission to the cheapest university.
Thanks.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Olawale
Hello,
I joined TSR today, hoping to get educational friends to help me in my career path.
I am a Nigerian wishing to study in UK postgraduate course in clinical anatomy or radiology or clinical primary health care.
My qualifications are MBBS and MSc Human anatomy both obtained in Sudan universities.
I wish my learned colleges to help on admission to the cheapest university.
Thanks.

i need help as well :smile:
Hi !!! :smile:
Reply 14
Hello,
I joined TSR today because I also need help : I'm a French student and I will get my baccalauréat at the end of this year and I absolutely don't know what studies I could do after. I panic a little because the registration will close soon and I am lost.. I thought I can maybe go abroad for one year or more because i'm sure it can help me a lot for many reasons but I still need to built a future project... Is someone is (or was) in this situation?
Margot
Reply 15
Hello!
I joined today because I felt the need to converse with other students: )
I'm studying... English

I'm interested in... Espana

My study level is... A-level (A2)
hello, ive joined to get help with my a-level media and gcse maths :smile:, i really want to do well and i came across this site while look for notes about media online
Original post by Captain Jack
Hiya,

Thought I'd just see who had joined today :smile: And to say hello, I work in TSR's community team.

What brought you here today?!

Jack

Hi I joined today, really struggling with my degree. Not enjoying it and worrying.

sooze
Original post by Bakinbeaut1
Hi I joined today, really struggling with my degree. Not enjoying it and worrying.

sooze

Hey :smile: are you in first year? I was in a similar position last year - was struggling with my degree and hated the uni as well. So if you need any advice feel free to ask or pm me if you like :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest