The Student Room Group

Broke my rule and joined

I dipped into this site occasionally but never joined. Friends did and talked about it. Hi if you spot me.

I'm 18 (September kid) and doing A levels in London.

Motivated? Yeah. But I have had enough of school. Hope I make it through. It feels like a roleplay where you need to do the accepted things in your subjects and all interactions.

UCAS not stressing me right now as I have it almost pre-prepped and am going to be a gappie.

The world makes me despair, but most people are good. Or I assume they are.

That's me and my thoughts today as I post waiting for a medical appointment and what I am missing comes into my thoughts. Hello.
Original post by rhiannon_g
I dipped into this site occasionally but never joined. Friends did and talked about it. Hi if you spot me.

Motivated? Yeah. But I have had enough of school. Hope I make it through. It feels like a roleplay where you need to do the accepted things in your subjects and all interactions.

UCAS not stressing me right now as I have it almost pre-prepped and am going to be a gappie.

That's me and my thoughts today as I post waiting for a medical appointment and what I am missing comes into my thoughts. Hello.

Hello and welcome to TSR! :smile:

The thread title says, you "Broke my rule". Was this a rule against TSR specifically, or registering with web sites generally? What make you change you mind? (And why the rule in the first place?)

I think many people would recognise your "It feels like a roleplay" comment. You could know a huge amount about a particular subject (the stuff which actually interests you), but unless it's the specific stuff which your exam board wants you know, it's useless in terms of gaining the qualification.

Your reference to UCAS and being "a gappie" suggests that you'll be applying this year but for deferred entry in 2025. Is that right? Any plans for the gap year?
Reply 2
>unless it's the specific stuff which your exam board wants you know, it's useless in terms of gaining the qualification.

I think this is the most important thing you put. We have to be targetting what is required. I like to see a bigger picture, which is fine to a point, but if I don't perform like I'm supposed to it is worthless. That's life.

I have UCAS prepped but will actually apply next time around.
Reply 3
Original post by rhiannon_g

hello i am feeling in this site like an alien. things aren't looking familiar but i hope.

Quick Reply

Latest