The Student Room Group

Good/bad combination or choices?

Similarly to many of the postings on here, I am in year 11 and I am choosing my A Levels. I am mostly an A grade student with B's in the sciences and Maths. I had been fine with the idea of achieving these B's until I found out that Economics requires a very high level of maths, does anyone have any advice? In addition my other choices Politics, History and either German or English Lang (I feel inclined to take a core subject) but does anyone have any advice on how I these would fare together? Need advice!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Hey! I understand choosing subjects at college can be very difficult. I had problems choosing my subjects because some people told me that the subjects you choose now will have an impact on the course you plan to study at the university while others told me it doesn't really matter. I would say the best option is to do some research online and see the contents of those subjects and what other people think about them. I am a huge lover of maths and I would definitely go for economics. However if you need to get a higher grade in maths I would go for English ...history and politics. It then again depends on your interests. If you are a politics fan and enjoy history at high school then you will be fine. Lastly, you have to remember that once you start college , after your first week I think you can change the subjects if you don't like them. I wouldn't worry too much about it.
Hope this helps:smile:
Ps: am sorry for writing a massive paragraph :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Choose a job or career path you wish to do, I can't stress that enough. A lot of people I know made their choices and then chose their career path without any research. A girl I know wants to be a barrister, she does Law, Health Social and Applied Business. Those options are what I would consider irrelevant to what she wants to do par law.Find subjects that you enjoy and complement each other or offer skills that could be offered to the career you wish.

Quick Reply

Latest