The Student Room Group

Best Universities for Computer Graphics/Animation?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
TheRageTrain
Congrats on the offer (y).

Thats alright then, I've been filling my portfolio with it along with some 3D generated objects an animation and digital character paintings. I'm just a bit worried because I dont have any official art qualification under my belt.

Post #1000 :smile:

And yeah, don't worry about the Art, I got in, I hadn't done art since year 9 and only had an 8 week life drawing class under my belt and I got accepted, so you've got no sweat, it should all be fine.
Reply 981
Teeside interview today, anyone else?
Reply 982
hey guys iam from India i have completed my animation diploma nd i had an interview wid bournmouth for BA in computer animation the interview was quite good but my aplication was turned down bcoz of my low grade in mathematics and they told me to apply for BSc games technology as it would have less use of mathematics so i applied and iam waitin for letter i have even applied for teeside and de monte fort for BA animation so how r these universities and how is the course of games technology
Reply 983
Got a conditional offer of 260 points at Teesside, although my heart is still set for Bournemouth whom I'm still waiting for a reply.
Reply 984
I know General Studies is never counted but would it reflect badly if I, say, got a E (hypothetically speaking :smile: ) if in everything else I got As and Bs and my portfolio is great?
I think aslong as you get the grades they want then it doesnt matter if you get an E or even U in your 4th of 5th subject

I know bouremouth asks for ABB so aslong as you get ABB your fourth subject won't matter on the grade
Reply 986
I do plan on continuing 4 'proper' A levels, so I'd only have a U for AS General anyway.
I've never got below a B in anything before so I just don't want it to look bad :tongue:
Reply 987
mohrag
I do plan on continuing 4 'proper' A levels, so I'd only have a U for AS General anyway.
I've never got below a B in anything before so I just don't want it to look bad :tongue:

I didn't even tell Ucas I've got an AS in general studies, nobody seems to care as it's such a pointless qualification. So to be honest there really isn't any need to even think about it :smile:
Reply 988
NLight
I didn't even tell Ucas I've got an AS in general studies, nobody seems to care as it's such a pointless qualification. So to be honest there really isn't any need to even think about it :smile:

Well that's a relief. Thank you :smile:
Pshh, bournemouth told us on the day of our interview back in january that they would make the decision the same evening wether we would get a place or not, and they waited till today to reject me :frown:

So anyone want to help me choose between teesside and hertforshire?!
Reply 990
Easy; Hertfordshire :biggrin:

I might be slightly biased :smile:
Reply 991
Hertfordshire definatly
When i went to teeside i didnt really like it and the course wasnt as good there

If you havn't been to an open day i would recomend it (to all of your places) as their prosectus can give you a very different idea than what the place is actually like
Reply 992
I got accepted Tees, Bournmouth and Herts and have chosen Herts:smile:
Reply 993
Fool of a took
Pshh, bournemouth told us on the day of our interview back in january that they would make the decision the same evening wether we would get a place or not, and they waited till today to reject me :frown:

So anyone want to help me choose between teesside and hertforshire?!

Well to let you know, you must have made a pretty good impression on them else they would have rejected you straight away. You made it to the last few who were rejected so were right on the edge of getting an offer.

And personally it depends what you want to go into, are you feeling more technical or artistic, I would say that overall Herts has the better reputation. But Tees has a pretty good Computer side to it I think.
Reply 994
I got a conditional offer at BU to do the animation arts instead of the computer visualisation and animation course. I'm not sure if I should accept it
or stick with my original choice. Checked out both course contents and they have the same information, like they said in the interview day, one is more
for the creative and the other for the technical side. Kinda having mixed feelings at the moment, like afraid if I decline, I might get rejected for the other...
ktb123
I got a conditional offer at BU to do the animation arts instead of the computer visualisation and animation course. I'm not sure if I should accept it
or stick with my original choice. Checked out both course contents and they have the same information, like they said in the interview day, one is more
for the creative and the other for the technical side. Kinda having mixed feelings at the moment, like afraid if I decline, I might get rejected for the other...

Email them :smile:! Thats what I did and they explained that they wanted to move me to the animation and visualisation course, which has a bit more mathmatics and programming than the arts course. I wouldnt touch the offer on UCAS until you've spoken to them, it seems they action the course change on their end.
Reply 996
animata
I got accepted Tees, Bournmouth and Herts and have chosen Herts:smile:

Reply 997
Does anyone know how AUCB compares to the likes of Bournemouth, Hertfordshire, Teeside etc? I thought they were well sought after to study animation at and a great uni in general but I've not heard anyone really mention them here.
I would say herts (going this year) The student show-reels are by far the best, and since that's what really matters. :smile:
moid
Easy; Hertfordshire :biggrin:

I might be slightly biased :smile:

lol, you speak the truth :yep:

Quick Reply

Latest