The Student Room Group

Limbo citizen with no uk education ~Halp

Hey, I'm 19, from Brighton UK but have been living in Brazil for the last 10 years.
I am planning on moving back to the UK after May next year, and have been looking into psychology access courses and btecs and things like that as due to being in Brazil I have no GCSEs or A-levels or anything like that.
I was in year two of three of Brazilian highschool but quit after being told that I would have to pay some serious fees to do the access course I have applied for if I finished as it would count as level X education.. Er. Its all very confusing actually as everyone I email says something different.

Has anyone here got into university with an access to HE diploma alone or would I then have to do a btec or something too?
I cannot legally apply to uni until I have been resident in the UK for 3 years unless I want to pay international student fees (so.. No).

Anyone have any ideas on the most cost effective way to get what I need to apply to a uni psych course ? I will be working alongside studies as I will be paying rent etc

Original post by mojosandwich
Hey, I'm 19, from Brighton UK but have been living in Brazil for the last 10 years.
I am planning on moving back to the UK after May next year, and have been looking into psychology access courses and btecs and things like that as due to being in Brazil I have no GCSEs or A-levels or anything like that.
I was in year two of three of Brazilian highschool but quit after being told that I would have to pay some serious fees to do the access course I have applied for if I finished as it would count as level X education.. Er. Its all very confusing actually as everyone I email says something different.

Has anyone here got into university with an access to HE diploma alone or would I then have to do a btec or something too?
I cannot legally apply to uni until I have been resident in the UK for 3 years unless I want to pay international student fees (so.. No).

Anyone have any ideas on the most cost effective way to get what I need to apply to a uni psych course ? I will be working alongside studies as I will be paying rent etc

Most universities will accept you with an access to HE course alone.

However, if you have already completed level 3 equivalent education in Brazil, you might be eligible to do a foundation year at a uni instead. The advantage of this would be that once you have lived in the UK for 3 years, you would be able to take out student finance to cover the costs of this course and a maintenance loan to cover your living costs. It would add one year onto your studies, and at the end of that year, you might be able to transfer to another uni if you wanted.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending