The Student Room Group
Students on campus
York St John University
York
Visit website

York St John Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by vanilla94
Yeah it is, but I think my parents have drilled it into me that I need to do proper halls for my first year! Need to have a more in-depth look at some point soon though! Where are you from? If you don't mind me asking! I'm lucky in that I'm an hours train journey away so money-wise I'm okay to visit!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh I see! You'll get a proper idea once you've looked around cause sometimes pictures on the internet don't do it justice. I'm about 2 and a half hours away or 3 hours on the train. I don't mind you asking, I live in Lincolnshire :smile:
You're lucky. I can't wait to go just fingers crossed everything will fall into place and I'll get the grades.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students on campus
York St John University
York
Visit website
Original post by SophhFrog
Oh I see! You'll get a proper idea once you've looked around cause sometimes pictures on the internet don't do it justice. I'm about 2 and a half hours away or 3 hours on the train. I don't mind you asking, I live in Lincolnshire :smile:
You're lucky. I can't wait to go just fingers crossed everything will fall into place and I'll get the grades.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wasn't too sure if going would be beneficial to me but I want to get a proper feel of the campus:-) quite a long journey time then, totally understandable why you wouldn't want to pay to go again then! I'm finding motivation for my college work quite hard to find at the moment but just keep telling myself it'll be worth it! In sure if you work at it you'll get them easily, true believer that hard work pays off!:-)
Posted from TSR Mobile

I wasn't too sure if going would be beneficial to me but I want to get a proper feel of the campus:-) quite a long journey time then, totally understandable why you wouldn't want to pay to go again then! I'm finding motivation for my college work quite hard to find at the moment but just keep telling myself it'll be worth it! In sure if you work at it you'll get them easily, true believer that hard work pays off!:-)

I know. You aren't too far away so you won't loose anything from going and it may make you feel less nervous about things and it may help you in picking where you are going to live. I hope so and don't worry I think everyone is like that. Mainly cause at this time of the year it gets stressful and tiring so it can be hard to want to keep going x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 83
Just confirmed York St John as my first choice for Primary Ed!! Where have people been thinking about for accommodation?? I like the look of Percy Lane!
Original post by celizjud
Just confirmed York St John as my first choice for Primary Ed!! Where have people been thinking about for accommodation?? I like the look of Percy Lane!

Awesome :smile: I've been thinking there or City Residence.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 85
Awesome :smile: I've been thinking there or City Residence.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you!! and I know they're my two top ones! Mostly because of the fact they're en suite! what are you applying for?! :smile:
I know. You aren't too far away so you won't loose anything from going and it may make you feel less nervous about things and it may help you in picking where you are going to live. I hope so and don't worry I think everyone is like that. Mainly cause at this time of the year it gets stressful and tiring so it can be hard to want to keep going x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I want to look around the accommodation more than anything, thats the only bit im really worrying about other than student finance! I just can wait to get there now!x

Congratulations!:-) I'm looking at halls which have en-suite, just depends on the price of it really! Need to visit so I can have a proper look at it all!
Yeah, I want to look around the accommodation more than anything, thats the only bit im really worrying about other than student finance! I just can wait to get there now!x

Me neither! It feels so close but far away at the same time. Have you started student finance? I'm sure you'll did the right place for you when you visit x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Me neither! It feels so close but far away at the same time. Have you started student finance? I'm sure you'll did the right place for you when you visit x

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think once college ends it'll go really quickly! I have signed up online but not looked at the form, I'm in the process of moving house right now to live with someone else so not starting that yet!x
Reply 90
Hey, I've got a conditional for English Literature and History if anybody wants to drop me a message :smile: xx
Original post by LydiaLid
Hey, I've got a conditional for English Literature and History if anybody wants to drop me a message :smile: xx

Hey, my conditional is for English literature :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have just confirmed my firm choice at York St Johns to study Primary Ed. Is it correct that we are unable to apply for accommodation until June ? Thanks
Original post by chloejennifer3
I have just confirmed my firm choice at York St Johns to study Primary Ed. Is it correct that we are unable to apply for accommodation until June ? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, they send us application links in June when the application process opens according to the website
Reply 94

Aaaaah me too !! And I've heard that but not sure :P seems ridiculously late!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I know! It also says we find out the third week of August what we are allocated- I don't like that I won't know until then!

As if I wanted to apply now! hahah. Most probably see you on the course in September! Have you chose 3-7 years or 5-12?
Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, they send us application links in June when the application process opens according to the website

Aww, I cant believe that. It seems so late to be applying! Which accommodation you thinking of applying for? Think im going ST John Central :smile:
Aww, I cant believe that. It seems so late to be applying! Which accommodation you thinking of applying for? Think im going ST John Central :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Im thinking the same! Or city residence. I want to have a look at the distance between the uni and where is it when I go and visit, but I like the fact it's within the city center and all are ensuite:-)
(edited 9 years ago)
Posted from TSR Mobile
Im thinking the same! Or city residence. I want to have a look at the distance between the uni and where is it when I go and visit, but I like the fact it's within the city center and all are ensuite:-)

Yeah City residence is closer isn't it. I just like that one because its new! I will see! Hope they open accommodation booking before June, I hate waiting hahha.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending