The Student Room Group

Boyfriend walks around shared flat in his pants

We live in a shared flat with 2 other girls and a guy. My boyfriend is always walking around in his underpants. It makes me a bit uncomfortable when I go into the kitchen and he is stood there in his pants, everything on show, talking to the other girls. I always tell him to put some shorts on but he still does it. Am I being silly?
Less weird if guys but I think that's a bit weird if you have 2 other girls tbh. Have you asked him about it?
Reply 2
Original post by Guybrush Sheepgood
Less weird if guys but I think that's a bit weird if you have 2 other girls tbh. Have you asked him about it?

I just joke about it and say wear shorts, but he still does it
Reply 3
Anybody in a flatshare have flatmates who walk around like this? Do you have flat rules on minimum dress for walking about?
Reply 4
My housemate does it, I think it's fine if you have that sort of nothing-but-platonic relationship that housemates often have
Reply 5
Original post by Ursin
My housemate does it, I think it's fine if you have that sort of nothing-but-platonic relationship that housemates often have

still a bit strange when it's your boyfriend stood in his underpants talking to other girls!
I mean at least you can tell if he's into the other girls or not right?
Yeah that's strange, would be awkward if he got a stiffy too at least wear shorts.
A couple of my male flatmates walk around in their boxers most the time, one of them has a girlfriend and she doesn't mind it as she knows I and the other girl in the house are completely platonic with him and she trusts him. I sometimes walk around the house in my underwear too, it just means he's comfortable with himself and around his flatmates. Nothing wring with that. If it makes you uncomfortable, explain to him why.
Reply 9
Tell him you're uncomfortable but don't accuse him of anything. Suggest a solution but don't be surprised if he finds it a little silly, which it is. Most guys with half a brain know not to try and hit on their girlfriend's housemates.
Original post by SophieSmall
A couple of my male flatmates walk around in their boxers most the time, one of them has a girlfriend and she doesn't mind it as she knows I and the other girl in the house are completely platonic with him and she trusts him. I sometimes walk around the house in my underwear too, it just means he's comfortable with himself and around his flatmates. Nothing wring with that. If it makes you uncomfortable, explain to him why.

It'd be better if he at least wore boxers or put some shorts on. That's acceptable I think
Original post by Anonymous
It'd be better if he at least wore boxers or put some shorts on. That's acceptable I think

Wait what is he wearing?
Boxers are pretty much the same as pants.
Wait what is he wearing?

pants usually, sometimes tight boxers
Original post by Anonymous
pants usually, sometimes tight boxers

Right I see, I don't know anyone who weird briefs so that in itself I would find odd just because they're more seen as children's underwear. But obviously his choice in underwear is fine :tongue:

Even still I myself wouldn't find it weird, but if you find it weird and uncomfortable explain to him WHY.
(edited 9 years ago)
Grimy.

Have any of your flatmates ever commented/complained about him doing this?
Original post by SophiaLDN
Grimy.

Have any of your flatmates ever commented/complained about him doing this?

no, they never complained to me, they're used to him in his underpants by now.
Right I see, I don't know anyone who weird briefs so that in itself I would find odd just because they're more seen as children's underwear. But obviously his choice in underwear is fine :tongue:

Even still I myself wouldn't find it weird, but if you find it weird and uncomfortable explain to him WHY.

boxers would be more acceptable for walking around in but I don't think pants are that unusual or weird on a guy
I wouldn't worry too much about it. It's surprisingly normal during student life to spend half of your time either in pyjamas or underwear.
Original post by monkeyman1990
I wouldn't worry too much about it. It's surprisingly normal during student life to spend half of your time either in pyjamas or underwear.

Maybe I'll get him some pyjamas, they'd be more suitable than underpants!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending