The Student Room Group

Easier to make girl friends than guy friends?

I'm a 19 year old lad and i have this issue of clicking better with girls than guys. Its not even that I'm feminine or anything but i just find it harder to get on a level with most of my guy mates? Does anyone else have this issue/advice.

Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is it because you dislike sport?

I get on better with guys but have no problem connecting with girls too.
Original post by bittr n swt
Is it because you dislike sport?

I get on better with guys but have no problem connecting with girls too.

Noo im a big football fan and we play 5 a side on a regular basis, its just that i dont consider any of them as close friends you know. If anything if it wasn't for football we'd hardly talk.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I find it's easier to make friends with girls, but it's harder to make close friends that you do with guys. Think generally the opposite gender treats the opposite gender to themselves better, they appreciate compliments from them better, put more effort into trying to get them to like you. Think maybe that's to do with social acceptance, people probably feel making friends/getting compliments are easier with the same gender, and hence are flattered when it's the opposite gender.

It's hard to make close friends with the opposite gender though, as often they are not as similar as you to get that close bond. Men and women often have different styles of communicating (and interests and humour to some extent, but communication is the bigger difference).
Same problem here. I find it so much easier to make friends with women, all my closest friends are girls. Don't think i've ever had a close male friend in my entire life. I lived in a house with all guys and we got on perfectly in a group, but individually there was only 1 or 2 who I was properly friends with. The others I never really spoke to, and unsurprisingly once uni finished that was it for our friendship.

I'm not too sure why this is as i'm friendly to everybody. I'm dog ugly and lack any self confidence so it's not like i'm hoping for a relationship or anything, i'm perfectly happy just having them to talk to as friends.
Reply 5
How do you guys even limit yourselves to friendship status with women? It always goes too far. (I'm a guy just to be clear)
i get on better with men, but i can't imagine showing true emotions to men; that's what female friends are for.
Original post by Enoxial
How do you guys even limit yourselves to friendship status with women? It always goes too far. (I'm a guy just to be clear)

I've always found the thought of kissing/doing stuff with a close friend incredibly weird. Could never do it.

Luckily i'm a 3/10 so I won't ever have the issue of the girl being attracted. Everybody wins :tongue:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by KingStannis
i get on better with men, but i can't imagine showing true emotions to men; that's what female friends are for.

Surely that's just what friends are for and you don't have any males friends? I don't particular feel getting pissed and having a brawl with the boyz counts as friend-constituting-behaviour but that's just me.

Humour is good and you should be able to have a laugh with a friend, that said you can have a laugh with non-friends too so...

I really feel emotional reciprocity is key to "friendship". I find it pretty impossible to make friendships with anyone though regardless of gender... >_>
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by sr90
I've always found the thought of kissing/doing stuff with a close friend incredibly weird. Could never do it.

Luckily i'm a 3/10 so I won't ever have the issue of the girl being attracted. Everybody wins :tongue:

My friendships end when they start to think about relationships.
Original post by sr90

Well you're quite the self deprecator, aren't you
I've always found it easier to make friends with fellow guys but recently I've talked more & more with girls. I've noticed that I find it easier talking to them about "emotional stuff" than with other guys as they usually judge less & seem more interested when it comes into conversation.
Original post by farwazahra1
Well you're quite the self deprecator, aren't you

I you knew what I look like you'd agree.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending