The Student Room Group

What to pick for a-level help!

Hey guys, i want to go into film when I'm older. Either a producer, screenwriter, cinematographer, but preferably a director!. Ive got some work experience at a film company where i film, direct, monitor sound, edit and promote. But I'm totally lost on what type of A-levels to take and what to do about university! at the end i aspire to go to New York Film Academy but i have to go to uni first to get some qualifications. Help!
Film/Media Studies, English Lit, plus any others you like the look of.
Maybe Drama, Eng Lit, Media Studies, Film/Photography... All depending on what your college or sixth form offer. Though given how tough it is to break into the film industry, consider having a backup option.
Original post by i.am.lost
Maybe Drama, Eng Lit, Media Studies, Film/Photography... All depending on what your college or sixth form offer. Though given how tough it is to break into the film industry, consider having a backup option.

was considering English lit, Film Studies, Sociology and Physics

then depending on where i choose because some places don't offer physics maybe drama, photography
Make sure theres a variety in your subjects as you can always change your mind later on. Happens all the time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SolidSnake1510
Make sure theres a variety in your subjects as you can always change your mind later on. Happens all the time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

is English Lit, Sociology, Film studies and physics varied enough?
Original post by BlueBandanna
is English Lit, Sociology, Film studies and physics varied enough?

Perfect

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest