The Student Room Group

AQA A2 SOCIOLOGY: Official Revision Thread for 2015 exams!

Hey guys. :smile:
it may be too early to start a thread, but the sooner, the better!

How is everyone revising or going to revise for SCLY3 and SCLY4? I'm doing Mass Media btw.

already struggling to revise due to the amount of material required! :eek:

Scroll to see replies

What are your units? I'm desperately trying to find someone else who studies Global Development! x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Didn't even know there was a Global Development unit!
Original post by SockedCream
Didn't even know there was a Global Development unit!

Most people study Crime and Deviance for unit 4, but I think the options for unit 3 are Beliefs in Society, power and politics, media and global development...

I think my college is the only place does Global Development!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Anyone doing power and politics? Its so difficult!!
Reply 5
Has anyone had mocks yet? How did they go? Mine were ugh. :frown:
Original post by Husnara_a
Has anyone had mocks yet? How did they go? Mine were ugh. :frown:

My mock is tomorrow and I'm dreading it, I basically know nothing... Will probably fail it but oh well, just means I need to do more revison for my actual exam...
What questions were used in your mock?
Reply 7
Original post by pikachupotter
My mock is tomorrow and I'm dreading it, I basically know nothing... Will probably fail it but oh well, just means I need to do more revison for my actual exam...
What questions were used in your mock?

For mass media: globalisation & culture and ownership & control of the media. That was an alright paper.
Crime and Deviance: suicide and gender, with positivist methodology. It was quite hard the 33 marker. D:
For mass media: globalisation & culture and ownership & control of the media. That was an alright paper.
Crime and Deviance: suicide and gender, with positivist methodology. It was quite hard the 33 marker. D:

And here's the big issue: we've only done theory and methods with a little bit about science, late & post modernity along with Religion... No clue what we can be asked

Posted from TSR Mobile
I do Global development at my school! Does anyone know what the questions were last year!?
Hey guys. :smile:
it may be too early to start a thread, but the sooner, the better!

How is everyone revising or going to revise for SCLY3 and SCLY4? I'm doing Mass Media btw.

already struggling to revise due to the amount of material required! :eek:

I'm so glad you have set up a revision thread - I am home studying so I don't have anyone to discuss the work with :frown: I have chosen Beliefs in Society and Crime and Deviance!
Original post by carina_jasmine
I do Global development at my school! Does anyone know what the questions were last year!?

Hi! I can find the questions for you, I have them in my revision pack (I'm just not with it right now)...

How are you finding revising for the exam? I hate this topic! Have you found any good revision materials online? Or have you made any yourself?
Original post by lewisdavis97
Hi! I can find the questions for you, I have them in my revision pack (I'm just not with it right now)...

How are you finding revising for the exam? I hate this topic! Have you found any good revision materials online? Or have you made any yourself?

That would be really useful, thanks!

I'm finding the gender stuff quite interesting but am finding that most of my revision time is spent on the Crime and Deviance unit which I find so much more interesting! Can't say I've found any useful revision materials as of yet!
Reply 13
Original post by sarahevaline
I'm so glad you have set up a revision thread - I am home studying so I don't have anyone to discuss the work with :frown: I have chosen Beliefs in Society and Crime and Deviance!

Do you have Rob Webb's textbook? If not, i would recommend it! I don't do beliefs, which is unfortunate. D: but considering that most people do C&D; we can exchange stuff & help each other, if needed be! :smile:
No I don't have that textbook - I will check it out, thanks :-) That would be great! There's so much to learn! Do you use any revision sites?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Hi everyone :smile: I studied Mass Media and Crime and Deviance last year, so I may hopefully be able to help out
Reply 16
Original post by scjman
Hi everyone :smile: I studied Mass Media and Crime and Deviance last year, so I may hopefully be able to help out

Can you remember what the 33 marker was for crime and deviance was in the june 2014 exam please?
anyone else doing Beliefs in Society? :biggrin:
Reply 18
Yes I can it was something like "assess the controbution of feminism to our understanding of society"
Reply 19
Yes I can. It was something like "assess the contribution of feminism to our understanding of society"

Quick Reply

Latest