The Student Room Group

AQA A2 SOCIOLOGY: Official Revision Thread for 2015 exams!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mangera6
Thank you soo much - that makes sense :smile:

You could also talk about the functionalists sex role theory that a lack of an adult male role model means boys are likely to turn to all male street gangs as a source of masculine identity (Cohen)
Reply 3981
Anyone got brief notes/essay plan on postmodernism??? (enough for 33 marker) Cant get my head around what it is about, barely been taught it. :eyeball::erm:
Original post by 97m
I've got it down at just a theory and methods question as it would be very difficult to write a 21 marker on crime on as there is so little

Globalisation and crime is a postmodern concept...mc mafia as a franchised crime brand
Reply 3983
Original post by risteard
Globalisation and crime is a postmodern concept...mc mafia as a franchised crime brand

Could you talk about beck and risk society as well? How risk is now manufactured, war, global warming etc?
Original post by 97m
Could you talk about beck and risk society as well? How risk is now manufactured, war, global warming etc?

Beck is a late modernist
People open to a range of information of a level that would have been unheard of 30 years ago.
24 hour news, Internet, endless satellite channels
Much of the news and popular culture programmes we see is about scaring us **** less - all those 'border jumper' programmes on sky, benefits street.
They are scaring the lives out of us....We stay at home, we order take away, we get booze from sainsbury rather than pubs. We are living in a risk society....everything we do is based on risk.. stepping outside is a risk. This fear shapes our behaviour.

Hope this helps
could someone please write an intro for social policy/interactionism (same thing)
if the 33 marker is on post modernity, do we include
modern society, globalisation, postmodernism, late modernity and marxist theories on post modernity?
just out of interest, is anyone here wanting to study Criminology at uni? :biggrin:
Anyone have any resources for Marxism and crime?
Original post by EmmaMacklin
just out of interest, is anyone here wanting to study Criminology at uni? :biggrin:

ME! i feel like changing my course bc of this stupid unit...
Reply 3990
Anyone know for definite if there is a possibility for postmodernism this year for the 33marker? crime
Original post by kristine0626
ME! i feel like changing my course bc of this stupid unit...

Where have you applied? :smile:
Original post by EmmaMacklin
Where have you applied? :smile:

southampton, Kent, Royal Holloway, Roehampton & Westminster..

probs gonna go to the first one if i get the grades
Page 169. I have two posts on there. One is my crime predictions with a book of model answers

The second is theory and stuff I've either made ir found on the Internet. I may up load them again later...but not till I get home at 11 or so. :smile:

hey, sorry to bother again but this Q just came to my head! as you're an examiner i thought to ask you.

For the 9 marker, I wasn't sure if my reason was elaborated enough or not so I added one more, ...I'm worried that it will be ignored as it would be a fourth point? but it was well written as I went back to the Q and added more, because i knew one of my points lacked detail... .://///

The AQA book writes it doesn't matter and any correct 3 will be marked. But all my 4 points were correct it's just that one was not detailed enough as I could not extend it like my final 4th one.

is it not possible for the examiner to ignore the worse point but consider the better one added? or is it just marked in order of what is written?
(edited 8 years ago)

Are your predictions left/right realism, state crime, ethnicity, and suicide?

If state crime comes up, should we remain focused on state crime itself or link it to green crime and globalisation?
Taught myself modernity and postmodernity, Marxism, Neo Marxism, ecology. sub cultural theory, social policy and science in one night. I'm sooooooooo drained.

If state crime comes up I will weep openly. My teacher skimped on the teaching.
Can anyone explain to me Suicide in a dumb down way and the paragraphs ill write if it comes up? I cant get my head around it.... :frown:
Original post by zahidl
Pleaseee can you also send me the plan? would really appreciate it
i have no clue on the value topic whatsoever

Would you be able to send me the plan also?

Sorry who (what person)talks about the mc mafia and what do they mean by it don't quite understand
[QUOTE=risteard;57106603]Beck is a late modernist
People open to a range of information of a level that would have been unheard of 30 years ago.
24 hour news, Internet, endless satellite channels
Much of the news and popular culture programmes we see is about scaring us **** less - all those 'border jumper' programmes on sky, benefits street.
They are scaring the lives out of us....We stay at home, we order take away, we get booze from sainsbury rather than pubs. We are living in a risk society....everything we do is based on risk.. stepping outside is a risk. This fear shapes our behaviour.

Hope this helps

I have revised the book's contents profoundly but the one topic I have not covered is location and crime. Because it is not in the aqa textbook is it worth revising?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending