The Student Room Group

AQA A2 SOCIOLOGY: Official Revision Thread for 2015 exams!

Scroll to see replies

I got 48/80 UMS on Unit 1 (exactly a C grade) and 72/120 UMS on Unit 2 (exactly a C grade). What grades would I need in A2 unit 3 and 4 to end up with a B grade overall?
Original post by theperformer
I got 48/80 UMS on Unit 1 (exactly a C grade) and 72/120 UMS on Unit 2 (exactly a C grade). What grades would I need in A2 unit 3 and 4 to end up with a B grade overall?

My grades are really similar to yours. I got 48/80 unit 1 and 79/120 unit 2. I need 153 UMS in A2 for a B so you'll need 160. (280 UMS is a B) grade boundaries from last year..
Unit 3:
A: 43/60 = 64UMS
B: 38/60 = 56UMS
C: 34/60 = 48UMS

Unit 4:
A: 56/90 = 96UMS
B: 50/90 = 84UMS
C: 44/90 = 72UMS

So you'd need a high A in unit4 (100 UMS is approx. 62/90) and a high B in unit3 (60UMS is approx. 41/60) or 80UMS in each unit so practically 60/60 in unit 3 (or a couple marks down) and approx. 48/90 in unit 4.
(edited 8 years ago)
If i achieved 160 last year, would I need the same this year to achieve an A overall?
Original post by cherryred90s
My grades are really similar to yours. I got 48/80 unit 1 and 79/120 unit 2. I need 153 UMS in A2 for a B so you'll need 160. (280 UMS is a B) grade boundaries from last year..
Unit 3:
A: 43/60 = 64UMS
B: 38/60 = 56UMS
C: 34/60 = 48UMS

Unit 4:
A: 56/90 = 96UMS
B: 50/90 = 84UMS
C: 44/90 = 72UMS

So you'd need a high A in unit4 (100 UMS is approx. 62/90) and a high B in unit3 (60UMS is approx. 41/60) or 80UMS in each unit so practically 60/60 in unit 3 (or a couple marks down) and approx. 48/90 in unit 4.

Well damn, that's quite a lot
In AS, I got an A in unit 1, and a B in unit 2. = a "B" grade overall.
I don't have the points with me, but I know it was 2 "marks" off an "A" grade overall.

What grades would I need in unit 3 & 4 for my overall grade to be an A?
And is A* possible?
Sorry if this is too vague without the UMS points, Thanks :smile:
Well damn, that's quite a lot

lol yup, that's why I wouldn't be surprised if I get a C overall, especially after unit 3 ha
Original post by shann_ng
If i achieved 160 last year, would I need the same this year to achieve an A overall?

Yep, 320 is an A
lol yup, that's why I wouldn't be surprised if I get a C overall, especially after unit 3 ha

I think I revised harder this year tho, the predictions I made came up

I'm not sure whether I should have re-sat Units 1 and 2
Original post by elishha
In AS, I got an A in unit 1, and a B in unit 2. = a "B" grade overall.
I don't have the points with me, but I know it was 2 "marks" off an "A" grade overall.

What grades would I need in unit 3 & 4 for my overall grade to be an A?
And is A* possible?
Sorry if this is too vague without the UMS points, Thanks :smile:

You'd need approx 165UMS in A2 to secure an A overall. In terms of the A*, you have to had achieved at least 90% in AS and then 90% in A2 so 360 altogether and because you got a B last year,I don't think the A* is possible but the A definitely is
Original post by Magnus Taylor
what did you put for the 9 marker

social welfare
law
education
i did

Sorry only just seen this. Honestly can't remember the question, if you still remember it i could probably remember what I put :smile:
I think I revised harder this year tho, the predictions I made came up

I'm not sure whether I should have re-sat Units 1 and 2

I knew the answers, I just messed up by using the wrong theorists names. I think I'll have a C or even a D in unit 3, but unit 4 was better for me and because it's worth more, I'm hopeful!

Ha there was no way I would've retaken. I was certain I had failed unit 2 and especially because when the exam was over and everyone was discussing what they put, my answers were completely different so I was prepared to receive a U or E! ended up being like 3 marks off a B, Hoping the same will happen for unit 3
You'd need approx 165UMS in A2 to secure an A overall. In terms of the A*, you have to had achieved at least 90% in AS and then 90% in A2 so 360 altogether and because you got a B last year,I don't think the A* is possible but the A definitely is

Oh that's a shame, well thanks :smile: I think unit 3 and 4 went well so hopefully an A then, Hope you get the results you want too
I got an A last year .. So is A* possible this year?
Original post by elishha
Sorry only just seen this. Honestly can't remember the question, if you still remember it i could probably remember what I put :smile:

Identify how science has replaced religion as a source of influence
Original post by elishha
Oh that's a shame, well thanks :smile: I think unit 3 and 4 went well so hopefully an A then, Hope you get the results you want too

No you need 80% a level 90% a2 for A*

Magnus is correct. To get an A* you need to meet two conditions:

1) a total of 320 + UMS points
2) achieve 90% of UMS points in A2 exams
So technically, if you got 120 UMS in AS which I think is a mid C and you get the full 200 UMS for A2, then you'd get an A* overall, can someone please confirm my theory lol

Yeah but she can get an A ...
Original post by Passc1c4
So technically, if you got 120 UMS in AS which I think is a mid C and you get the full 200 UMS for A2, then you'd get an A* overall, can someone please confirm my theory lol

No, that'd be an A. If you have a C at AS, it is impossible to finish with an A* even if you get 200/200
Yeah but she can get an A ...

And she can get an A* too

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending