The Student Room Group

AQA A2 SOCIOLOGY: Official Revision Thread for 2015 exams!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by aminaeem
Im struggling with the 33 markers for mass media. Any tips on how to reach the top bands?

Just use your content to form an argument, but evaluate all theories and approaches as you go along, so you can form a distinct conclusion :smile:
Original post by EmmaMacklin
Calvinist beliefs emerged in Northern Europe. they believed in divine transendence, ascentism, so refraining from luxuries, predestination and having a 'calling' to undergo hard work. this is how they refrained from conforming to the consumerist world around them, henceforth creating social change.

With hinduism, it's the same idea, just it doesnt involve calvinism, and wasnt in Europe.
Hope this helps hun x

Thanks you gem x
are the 18/33 markers from previous years more likely to come up as 9 markers for unit 3 rather than an essay again?
Hay does anyone know if 'religion and social protest could come up'? as an 18 marker say, theres not enough info for a 33 mark is there? :s-smilie:
does anybody have any predictions for Monday's SCLY3 beliefs exam?

Thank you :smile:
Ahhhh great! Thank you for your help much appreciated, I'm just doing a past paper on it and got a little mixed up. Do
You know where those criticisms are in the textbook?
Original post by catsRgr8
No that's right- you'll find when you get all the feminist stuff together and the criticisms its comes out as quite a lot. Youve got Simone de Beauvoir. Aldridge against Burka's, Watson who's pro burka, Marx fems, liberal fems, radical fems
Ahhhh great! Thank you for your help much appreciated, I'm just doing a past paper on it and got a little mixed u

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tellmeimmageek
Just use your content to form an argument, but evaluate all theories and approaches as you go along, so you can form a distinct conclusion :smile:

Thank you! all the best for the exam! :smile: :smile:
Original post by sporadic_
does anybody have any predictions for Monday's SCLY3 beliefs exam?

Thank you :smile:

My teacher predicts that secularisation, social change or ideology will come up! I am really hoping that secularisation will come up :smile:
Any predictions for unit 3 mass media please?
Reply 1789
Original post by Popsthornton
My teacher predicts that secularisation, social change or ideology will come up! I am really hoping that secularisation will come up :smile:

Just ideology or -- science and ideology
Original post by FlowC

The exam question last year ‘Religion today helps societies to remain stable and to avoid conflict.’
To what extent do sociological arguments and evidence support this view?

Is this relgion as a conservative force vs initiator for change?
Original post by holli_flossy
The exam question last year

Is this relgion as a conservative force vs initiator for change?

Clash of civilisations, fundamentalism and cultural defence??????
Original post by theperformer
So predictions for beliefs seem to be between...

- Fuctionalism
- Fundamnetalism/Globalisation
- Postmodernism
-Secularsiation

And ideology, but what ideology? Science as a belief system?

What about new age and NRMs that hasn't come up in a while

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Popsthornton

Ooh I hope secularisation or social change comes up! Not sure about ideology though..
:smile:
Gosh I really hope postmodernism doesn't come up. Absolutely dreading it!
just saw online now, the parcelforce van containing aqa papers were stolen so aqa are gonna make new papers for the upcoming exams 😁
Original post by FlowC

What is 'social change' ??
Does anyone have any predictions for the Global Development section?

Freaking out so much :frown:
Original post by amunbal
just saw online now, the parcelforce van containing aqa papers were stolen so aqa are gonna make new papers for the upcoming exams 😁

Where online? Post the link please?
Original post by amunbal

Knowing my luck everything I wanted to come up was on those exam papers and now they've changed them :l

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending