The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Clare College (Cambridge) Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Out of interest, does anyone know what this year's fancy dress theme is going to be for the freshers' bop!?
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Out of interest, does anyone know what this year's fancy dress theme is going to be for the freshers' bop!?

Maybe... :p:

I'll let you know when I've remembered!
Helenia
College does provide some assistance with rent, as commercial rents are much more expensive than college ones, but I think it's something like "half the difference between your rent and what college rent would be, up to a maximum of £50 a month."

My rent works out about the same as college rents when I live out next year! :smile:
Reply 183
FadeToBlackout
Maybe... :p:

I'll let you know when I've remembered!

Thanks - I'll need as much time as possible to come up with some sort of costume!!
*singing* Myyyyy college daddy has written to meeeeee :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

A really nice handwritten letter as well :smile:!

AND he's the Social Secretary (so he says :ninja: hehe) his names Sam, and he told me what this years theme is :p:

I also have a college mummy and a sister called Julia :smile: !!

Awww he was really nice to me and called me his son :redface: , *sniff*
Reply 185
And what is the theme!?
I dunno if it's a secret or not, cos no-one else seems to know!!

Plus it means i can say *I-know-something-you-don't-know* :p:

Sowwy :frown:
Reply 187
Duck and Cover
I dunno if it's a secret or not, cos no-one else seems to know!!

Plus it means i can say *I-know-something-you-don't-know* :p:

Sowwy :frown:

Aww, spill?! Pleasey?
Reply 188
Lidka
Aww, spill?! Pleasey?

Ditto - I don't see why it matters if you tell us as we're all gunna find out sooner or later anyway when we get the freshers handbook! Also, it can't be a secret if all the current students (like ftb) know already!!

Pleeease just tell us or even PM us if u don't wanna let on that it was u!!
Reply 189
Perhaps he'll spill if I ask in French? (We'll ignore the U I got in my A2 oral. :p:)
Reply 190
Lidka
Perhaps he'll spill if I ask in French? (We'll ignore the U I got in my A2 oral. :p:)

Hehe - it's worth a try!!

Ftb - have u managed to remember yet!? :wink:
Haha lol I'm not keeping it secret cos it's a secret lol, it just gives me longer to think up a costume :p: (and guys, I think it'll be hard, girls, it'll be the easiest thing ever!!)
Reply 192
Duck and Cover
Haha lol I'm not keeping it secret cos it's a secret lol, it just gives me longer to think up a costume :p: (and guys, I think it'll be hard, girls, it'll be the easiest thing ever!!)

Well, that's good for me, I suppose. Aw, c'mon, spill! I'll rep you! :p:
Reply 193
Duck and Cover

Oh come on, if u tell us we can help u out and also we are both girls so aren't likely to want to wear the same costume as you!!
Ok, AS LONG AS you help me find a costume forrrrrr

da dadadada da da da daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

ahem. fairytales.

:smile:
Reply 195
Wow, seriously fairytales? That's ace!! We'll defo help you find something (although for the moment I can only think of prince charming)!! I'll get back to you on that one!
^^^ That's the one. I know the person who printed out all the fresher's handbooks you're going to get, and she had a couple lying around in her room...
Reply 197
Duck and Cover
Ok, AS LONG AS you help me find a costume forrrrrr

da dadadada da da da daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

ahem. fairytales.

:smile:

That is brilliant!! Cheers, Duck and Cover. Though I can guess that every girl will immediately think 'fairy!' :rolleyes: Might see if I can make myself a red cloak, to be a bit different... Oooh, this will be fun!

Now, costumes for a boy - Prince Charming, fairly easy. Woodcutter, if you can find yourself an axe. A dwarf if you're particularly short. :wink: A wizard would be cool. The Lion or the Tinman from Oz, if you find the necessary kit. A proper knight in armour would be AWESOME, though I'm not quite sure how you could make the armour. Oooh, or be a dragon and paint yourself green! That's pretty unisex. You're right, actually, it is much harder for guys than girls... Oooh, this is gonna be so much fun, I cannot wait. :biggrin:
Bops are ALL about coming up with a REALLY obscure character, and then spending the evening explaining who/what you are to everyone.
Ooo never thought of the Wizard of Oz characters....I don't really know what counts as a fairytale hehe. I wonder if robin hood does....lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending