The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Clare College (Cambridge) Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by igotohaggerston
Sorry, just saw this. I found out through email but they also sent a letter home on the same day with more information. Good luck!! you may have done better than you thought :wink: (I sure did haha).

thank you!
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Reply 1401
I had two interviews for physical (physics and chemistry) at Clare. Physics one went ok (I think) but the chemistry one went pretty awful. I heard that some colleges only look at your best interview, is Clare the same?
Original post by McGu
I had two interviews for physical (physics and chemistry) at Clare. Physics one went ok (I think) but the chemistry one went pretty awful. I heard that some colleges only look at your best interview, is Clare the same?

There's no way to tell, I suspect each college will have their own system of deciding who they give offers to but I would be surprised if they completely disregarded an interview an applicant did poorly in. There's literally no way to tell whether an interview went well or not, best this to do now is forget about it until the 13th (which is when I think offers are handed out)
Original post by igotohaggerston
forget about it until the 13th (which is when I think offers are handed out)

14th... :wink:
Anyone know what time they send the offers/ rejections (😭) out?
Original post by elsalsaelsa
Anyone know what time they send the offers/ rejections (😭) out?

Any time today during office hours
Anyone heard?
Reply 1407
Original post by Surfando
Anyone heard?

Nope. Is that a bad thing?
Original post by McGu
Nope. Is that a bad thing?

No it means absolutely nothing. They just go through and send them, not offers then rejections or anything. Clare seems to just be slow!
It's still pretty early, don't stress!!
Congrats to anyone who got in, ive been pooled to Newnham
Offer for medicine! Absolutely ecstatic! Best of luck to everyone waiting!
Original post by slynch6020
Offer for medicine! Absolutely ecstatic! Best of luck to everyone waiting!

Well done!!
Original post by Surfando
Congrats to anyone who got in, ive been pooled to Newnham

Well done!! Newnham is actually pretty decent!
Hi! I got an offer yesterday to study History and I wanted to stick my head in and meet some people ahead of time! (Originally I applied to History and Politics but my Politics interview really didn't go well as I got a little intimidated)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending