The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
I keep seeing that and thinking "Manhood".

WHO'S IN NORTH COURT THEN GUYZZ!??
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Melz0r
WHO'S IN NORTH COURT THEN GUYZZ!??

Check the FB group for some people :smile:
Reply 982
Yeah i'd like to know how many of these Rowley Mainhood awards there are - and how much are they for?
Shrub
Yeah i'd like to know how many of these Rowley Mainhood awards there are - and how much are they for?

Think they are 500 quid mate, how did you do? Are you a PhysNatSci?
Reply 984
ben_stretch
Think they are 500 quid mate, how did you do? Are you a PhysNatSci?

500! I thought they would be about 50! Yeah im a physical natsci - what about you? I got 590+ in 3 of my subjects so it looks like we both have pretty good chances of getting these. Having said that I wouldn't be surprised if emmanuel was full of people with 600/600 across the board

I really don't know what to put for the little personal statement bit - "state briefly what you've achieved... etc"
Surely the table just above it in which they ask us to list our achievements is enough...
Shrub
500! I thought they would be about 50! Yeah im a physical natsci - what about you? I got 590+ in 3 of my subjects so it looks like we both have pretty good chances of getting these. Having said that I wouldn't be surprised if emmanuel was full of people with 600/600 across the board

Well done thats impressive haha I'm medicine =] I think it's £500 but I'm not sure, could be anything!
Im not applying for them out of protest...stupid a levels
just_max1234
Im not applying for them out of protest...stupid a levels

Only cause you'd do rubbish in them.
Melz0r
Hello emmaloveiies! *wakes up thread*

I'm so happy that I actually know I'm coming here now! :biggrin: :biggrin:

Another Question Faw Yoo: what are printing/network facilities like? Is it worth buying a printer?

I went without a printer and called my mum about two weeks in saying I needed one, so my granny bought me one as an early Christmas present. It was mostly laziness on my part, as I lived at the top of South Court and frankly could not be bothered to trek the absolute miles to the computer room. Well, it's not far, but it does involve going outside, so you automatically don't want to bother :p: I'd say get one, personally.

Do you guys have your room allocations now then? Where are you all? :biggrin:
Zoedotdot
I went without a printer and called my mum about two weeks in saying I needed one, so my granny bought me one as an early Christmas present. It was mostly laziness on my part, as I lived at the top of South Court and frankly could not be bothered to trek the absolute miles to the computer room. Well, it's not far, but it does involve going outside, so you automatically don't want to bother :p: I'd say get one, personally.

Do you guys have your room allocations now then? Where are you all? :biggrin:

R12 North Court Grade 4
There's so many North Courties. :frown: I've got -edit-, and nobody's all that near to me yet that's put themselves down on the FB group.So loonnnnnneely.
Canned Door
There's so many North Courties. :frown: I've got M4, and nobody's all that near to me yet that's put themselves down on the FB group.So loonnnnnneely.

Don't worry, M's one of the biggest staircases in South Court - there should be 17 of you on there! And if it's any consolation, no one really put themselves down as living in U staircase on the FB group last year and they were all wonderful people and the ones I was living nearest to I'm now hugely close to, we ended up as quite a tight knit bunch. It probably just means that the people you'll be living with have lives outside of Facebook! :smile:
What is this!? The outside world?! MADNESS. :P

I have a life in the outside world. I had wine earlier with someone else's German granny. It sounds so much worse on paper. :frown: I want a German granny. Someone who calls things fein and it means fine fine and not just ok, and the achs and the und interspersed in lovely lovely English. Ach~
Reply 993
Zoedotdot
Don't worry, M's one of the biggest staircases in South Court - there should be 17 of you on there! And if it's any consolation, no one really put themselves down as living in U staircase on the FB group last year and they were all wonderful people and the ones I was living nearest to I'm now hugely close to, we ended up as quite a tight knit bunch. It probably just means that the people you'll be living with have lives outside of Facebook! :smile:

Can I ask what block M2 is like? And more specifically room 6 if you know anything about it :p:
Shrub
Can I ask what block M2 is like? And more specifically room 6 if you know anything about it :p:

M2 is quite a small staircase and I think it has at least one fellow's rooms on it. Don't really know much about it to be honest. You'll be on the top floor of that staircase, and M2.6 is possibly the room that I passed out in on the first night of term. Forgive me for not remembering :p:

Anyway, it's close to the bar and you won't have many stairs to walk up because it's not one of the big ones (which are M and U) that have four floors.
Gimme the goss on V3!
Reply 996
Does anyone know why people who read economics at Emma don't get to apply for the Rowlet Mainhood award - I could do with £500
just_max1234
Gimme the goss on V3!

My boyfriend lived in V2 last year and had a gorgeous room. V was renovated the year before last so it's all quite nice and fresh there :smile: Don't know about V3 though, I've never been in there. I'm guessing it's a grade 4 - they're all pretty good if you take care of them and put lots of things on the walls to make it seem homely :smile:
high_hope
Does anyone know why people who read economics at Emma don't get to apply for the Rowlet Mainhood award - I could do with £500

Probably has to do with the conditions set by the donor who funded this award in the first place.
high_hope

Probably because economists are losers.

Is V3 on the ground floor or the first floor?

Latest

Trending

Trending