The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

The verse "Verily Allah intends to ... (33:33)" was revealed to the Prophet (PBUH&HF) in the house of Umm Salama. Upon that, the Prophet gathered Fatimah, al-Hasan, and al-Husain, and covered them with a cloak, and he also covered Ali who was behind him. Then the Prophet said: "O' Allah! These are the Members of my House (Ahlul-Bayt). Keep them away from every impurity and purify them with a perfect purification." Umm Salama (the wife of Prophet) asked: "Am I also included among them O Apostle of Allah?" the Prophet replied: "You remain in your position and you are toward a good ending."

Sahih al-Tirmidhi, v5, pp 351,663
Original post by Incredible97
Yup! That's correct.
Ur quiz question

My quiz question: What verse does Allah swt speak to those who believe but have parents who disbelieve. What is that verse, and what is the guidance given?

If that's too hard then:

Out of all the women in the Prophet pbuh's life, two were granted the status of being the leaders of the women of Jannah - who are they?
(edited 9 years ago)

Will you come?
Original post by Tawheed
My quiz question: What verse does Allah swt speak to those who believe but have parents who disbelieve. What is that verse, and what is the guidance given?

If that's too hard then:

Out of all the women in the Prophet pbuh's life, two were granted the status of being the leaders of the women of Jannah - who are they?

I'm not sure of the numbers but there ayaat in Surah Luqman which spoke of being good to your parents but not to follow them in disbelief, and if they try to make you disbelieve, do not leave them but still be there for them.
If I remember correctly, these ayaat were revealed when a Sahabi told his mother that he was Muslim and she then went on hungerstrike, causing him to feel guilt. She later accepted that her son was a Muslim after he stuck firm with his conviction in la illaha ilallah.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by K1NG93

:yy:
Original post by Enoxial

Will you come?

Those world leaders defo won't be coming, that's for sure. I understand the paris attacks were rare and all, but the difference in reaction and media coverage makes it seem like those 17 lives are worth a million times more than those 2k lives

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Up quark
Those world leaders defo won't be coming, that's for sure. I understand the paris attacks were rare and all, but the difference in reaction and media coverage makes it seem like those 17 lives are worth a million times more than those 2k lives

Yup.
A similar cartoon was drawn after Mandela's death mocking the hypocrisy.
Original post by K1NG93
[video="youtube;v2jNdTgMxZg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2jNdTgMxZg[/video]

Mashallah so true. Great reminder, JZK brother
Original post by Up quark

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah... media coverage would make a HUGE difference e.g. if the victims' faces and names were revealed and their surviving family members interviewed. Then those 2k lives wouldn't be just another statistic?
Original post by teenhorrorstory
Did any of you watch Panorama last night?

Yep. I commented on it a few pages back.
Original post by Enoxial
لَم يَفعَل actually means "He doesn't do"
You don't have verb tables memorized?

Do you mean which state the word is in etc?

what would you translate the word preceded by maa as? No i am aware of what maa and lam denote and what to do with the verb after but not by wrote. I've only had 1 lesson on that and am restarting with sh. Akram who teaches in a very different way to the dry sarf/nahw or even the bayna yadayk style

No. Something to do with meaning.
Original post by Ankabout
To the ppl with 2 badges.... ME JALUS! :rolleyes:

:u:
Original post by Mary562
What's the topic for today guys?

Any ideas?

Ideas is here. Don't worry.
Original post by IdeasForLife
Ideas is here. Don't worry.

:rofl:
Oh yeah how was your exam?
ما فعل and لم يفعل do mean the same?

لم يفعل just has more emphasis iirc.

Gardaans (verb tables) were fun to learn :biggrin:
Original post by IdeasForLife
Yep. I commented on it a few pages back.

What was it about?
Don't go to sleep mad, stay up and fight :lol:
Original post by Mary562
Don't go to sleep mad, stay up and fight :lol:

Fight who? I'm ready for dis. :ninja:
Original post by Tennumbers
Fight who? I'm ready for dis. :ninja:

:teehee: shhh :wink:
I see an imaginary person in my room named Maria looool kidding
I'm mad today :mad: someone help me :banghead:
Original post by Mary562
:teehee: shhh :wink: