The Student Room Group

Choosing A level Options - Economics degree?

Hi, I am going to be choosing my A levels in a few weeks and I think I want to study economics at university.

Providing I obtain my predicted grades, I will be allowed to take 4 A levels and I am considering doing Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry and Economics?

The A level system has changed for my current year, and as far as I am aware, each school is doing a different thing. For example, my school is offering 3 A levels and an EPQ or 4 A Levels. If you do decide to do further maths, it is considered as one of your 4 A level choices.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :smile:
Original post by adulay
Hi, I am going to be choosing my A levels in a few weeks and I think I want to study economics at university.

Providing I obtain my predicted grades, I will be allowed to take 4 A levels and I am considering doing Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry and Economics?

The A level system has changed for my current year, and as far as I am aware, each school is doing a different thing. For example, my school is offering 3 A levels and an EPQ or 4 A Levels. If you do decide to do further maths, it is considered as one of your 4 A level choices.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :smile:

Have a look on some university websites and see what they require for entry onto their course. By the looks of it, the A-levels you have chosen would be fine for an economics degree. However, further maths may not be considered as a fourth A-level by some universities due to its overlap with maths A-level. This may not be the case for an economics degree, though.

Give some universities an email and just clarify.

Hope this helps. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest