The Student Room Group

females, Why are you single?

Scroll to see replies

I'm far too picky haha :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Original post by anngeli
Maybe you're asexual? If so, that's completely normal and you don't have a problem.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Anonymous
You might be asexual and/or aromantic. There's nothing wrong with you or with either of these. ^__^

I'm going to look it into it now. :smile: thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hmmm. Reasons: I'm very reclusive, unsociable and shy; I'm below average in looks; I don't really know any men; I'm fairly picky; the few men I do know I either don't find attractive or they don't like me back.

Think that about covers it. :pierre:
Original post by Changing Skies
One actually is, she just doesn't use it anymore :tongue:

:sad:

:colone:
I'd like a boyfriend but I'd rather be single than in a relationship just for the sake of it.
Original post by keturah
I'd like a boyfriend but I'd rather be single than in a relationship just for the sake of it.

Wouldn't you feel lonely, you might end up in a bedsit room all by yourself.
Reply 26
I haven't found anyone
Personally I think it would be better if more were single. While women have relatively high standards over who they will date, they have relatively low standards over which guys they are dating they will get into a relationship with. This is why most are not single for long and often have boyfriends that don't last.
Reply 28
1. I'm enjoying life so far without a relationship.
2. I never make the first move because I don't give enough ****s.
3. When anyone makes their move on me I still can't give enough ****s.
4. I'm short and slim with huge breasts it probably looks too unnatural to most people.

That's basically it really.
Original post by HucktheForde
Dont you like the warmth of a man? A man that will please and pleasure you the way you desire?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I dont want sex/intercourse. I like all the cuddling/spending time wirh a man but they all want aex a lot so im not really compatable lol
Original post by Stewie2011
Wouldn't you feel lonely, you might end up in a bedsit room all by yourself.

Why would I be in a bedsit :lol:
Original post by Anonymous
Well, I'm gay, so.

Me too
#thestruggleisreal
#inthecloset
I am single because no one has noticed awesomisity. hehe
Original post by lccy
I don't have a boyfriend because I don't want one, and I'm too focused on my future - every boyfriend I've ever had has tried to hold me back. I don't want a relationship until I'm established at uni/work.

Ditto this, having a partner would be a massive distraction right now.

Plus, I so rarely meet people who I would even consider being in a relationship with. This makes me sound aloof, but i'm not, I just won't settle for an 'ok' relationship. I know what I want and if i'm not getting it then i'm not sacrificing my time and effort because I like being able to do whatever I want, when I want.
Original post by Bernana

2. I never make the first move because I don't give enough ****s.
3. When anyone makes their move on me I still can't give enough ****s.

Haha totally feel the same :biggrin:
No i'm good
Because I can't be bothered with the effort of having to let someone get to know me and opening up to them when I know it most probably won't be a long lasting relationship - I'm mid-twenties and most guys my age are not interested in settling down.

People are always temporary at this stage in life (guys, friends, colleagues etc) and I really don't want to waste my time investing in someone who probably only wants a shag. It's just not how I work. I prefer meaningful relationships but most guys my age seem incapable of them.

To be honest, I generally prefer older men, I like the way they look (i.e. not like boys) I like men who already have a career, know who they are and what they want in life and who want someone to spend their life with. But I don't meet that many guys in their 40's.

TL;DR - I don't want to date immature boys and I value my time to much to waste it on them.
If it's meant to be it will be,although I do miss the warmth of a man and the stability and security that comes from being in a relationship.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 38
I'm single because I am starting to realise I'm way too fussy. I don't know what I want, or I have this image in my head of the perfect boyfriend and if a guy doesn't meet that image 100% I have no interest.

I have lost a few lovely potential boyfriends because of this issue.

I need to sort myself out.. Hm.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Low self esteem, high standards, and a low drive for anything sexual or romantic.

That pretty much sums it up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending