The Student Room Group

Normal FP1 grade

Is it normal that I'm getting Low Bs/ High Cs for FP1. I haven't begun revising yet, this grade is straight from finishing all of the content and being made to sit the test.

Is this an ok grade for the scenario I have described, and should I be able to bring it up to an A before the exam period comes? (I will have spent at least 25 hours of out of school time on FP1 by then).

I really need it to be an A
Reply 1
Original post by Economistician
Is it normal that I'm getting Low Bs/ High Cs for FP1. I haven't begun revising yet, this grade is straight from finishing all of the content and being made to sit the test.

Is this an ok grade for the scenario I have described, and should I be able to bring it up to an A before the exam period comes? (I will have spent at least 25 hours of out of school time on FP1 by then).

Do you not do individual topic tests so that you can see your progress and grades as you work through FP1? I got a low A when I first did a past paper.

(P.S. Are you doing AS or A2 FM?)

Yes, you have a few months to get this up, however you should try to get the desired grade as soon as possible.
You should spend many more than 25 hours on FP1 over the course of the year. If you want a better grade you need to work for it.
Original post by SH0405
Do you not do individual topic tests so that you can see your progress and grades as you work through FP1? I got a low A when I first did a past paper.

(P.S. Are you doing AS or A2 FM?)

Only one, for complex numbers, and I got 19/25. Not too bad? After that we crammed in the other 5 topics and I sat 2 past papers with no chance to revise. I got 47/75 and then a few days later got 52/75. Now the mocks are over so I can spend more time on fm. Also, im doing AS
Original post by morgan8002
Yes, you have a few months to get this up, however you should try to get the desired grade as soon as possible.
You should spend many more than 25 hours on FP1 over the course of the year. If you want a better grade you need to work for it.

Ok, thanks for the advice. So I should try and improve it more now so that im not risking anything come the end of the year?
How much time do you recommend? Im not really used to revising that much, but am certainly willing to put in as much work as needed to get a good grade
Ok, thanks for the advice. So I should try and improve it more now so that im not risking anything come the end of the year?
How much time do you recommend? Im not really used to revising that much, but am certainly willing to put in as much work as needed to get a good grade

Yes, you should try to get the grade you want now or as soon as possible.
A good few hours per week at least per module.
Original post by morgan8002
Yes, you should try to get the grade you want now or as soon as possible.
A good few hours per week at least per module.

Ok, thanks. Im consistantly getting good as in all my other modules. This is the only one that's slacking, so I'll do more on this and less on the others

Quick Reply

Latest