The Student Room Group

Chances of receiving conditional offer based on advanced highers?

Hi, so I've applied to law and have received two unconditional offers from Strathclyde and Aberdeen however I'm hoping to go to either Glasgow or Edinburgh. I reveived AAAAB last year in my highers and I'm currently sitting:
Advanced Higher Biology
Advanced Higher English
Higher French
Higher Modern Studies

However, I really want to drop Advanced Biology because I'm struggling with it and finding it too much work. I know I'd need to inform ucas and my university choices about this but I was wondering what the chances would be of receiving a conditional offer based upon advanced biology? I just don't want to drop it before I've heard back from Glasgow or Edinburgh however I don't think I'll need it but I'm just wondering if you think I could be given a conditional offer based on biology. Also, I got an A for biology at higher.

Thank you in advance!
My daughter also has unconditionals from Strathclyde and Aberdeen (and Dundee), and has the exact same grades in their highers as you. She is still waiting to hear from Edinburgh but has a conditional offer from Glasgow of BB in her advanced highers. I hope that helps, good luck with the rest of your offers.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by animalmagic
I know someone who also has unconditionals from Strathclyde and Aberdeen (and Dundee), and who has the exact same grades in their highers as you. They are still waiting to hear from Edinburgh but have a conditional offer from Glasgow of BB in their advanced highers. I hope that helps, good luck with the rest of your offers.

That's very helpful, thank you!
I don't know if you have heard back yet but my daughter got an unconditional from Edinburgh this evening. Delighted. Hope you have had some good news too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending