The Student Room Group

Help please

Hey guys and girls,

I need some advice.
Me and my boyfriend have been together since March 2013, we met and uni and things have been going great.
Both of our uni houses spend a lot of time together, when i suggest to do something just as a couple he's quite reluctant and cannot give me a definite answer.
When we are together, things are fantastic, he's so affectionate and caring. We have such a great time but when we are with our houses he's quite distant and unaffectionate
However, him and one of my housemates are really close and they used to be fwb before we got together.
They are having the day together tomorrow to catch up. (As I mentioned earlier about me asking for us to do something as a couple he's reluctant) With my housemate he put off the whole day to spend with her.
I have recently had some bad news and so really need his support but I have to come second behind my housemate.
He talks to her about our relationship problems and it makes me feel really uncomfortable and incredibly awkward.
I've asked him to not talk to her about any tiffs or problems in our relationship and he has out right said no he wont.
Was I being out of order for asking this? or am i being selfish?

Any advice on the situation would be fantastic!!
Just thought I'd add that she is also seeing someone from his house so I trust that they aren't continuing their fwb. The guy she is seeing doesn't know about them being fwb in the past though.
I think he's not treating you well enough frankly. You shld just talk to him. Lay everything out on the table... The problem u have with him and his fwb and him sharing personal info and that he is not doing the things that u wld like to do as a couple and see what he says. Personally I wldnt put up with bs like that tbh but I dunno maybe its better to work stuff out. Good luck.
Original post by Anonymous
I think he's not treating you well enough frankly. You shld just talk to him. Lay everything out on the table... The problem u have with him and his fwb and him sharing personal info and that he is not doing the things that u wld like to do as a couple and see what he says. Personally I wldnt put up with bs like that tbh but I dunno maybe its better to work stuff out. Good luck.

Thank-you for you're advice. I've spoken to one of my friends about it and she's said similar things to you. I'm worried about talking to him about this stuff because I love what we have when its juts us to and I don't want that to change. He's quite stubborn in terms of what he wants to do he will do and that's final so its really difficult for him to admit he might be wrong or something.

Any other advice would be great.

Thanks again

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending