The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Sidney Sussex College (Cambridge) Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
my econ interview was ACTUAL bad: the micro director was saying stuff like: "no, no you're not trying hard enough...., and generally been negative.

The 1st interview was supposed to be about 30min, but i was told to go aftter 20min, and he left the room immed after me in a hurry so i guess it wasn't the most ideal interview either!
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
taclm
Ooh, where were you staying? Some of the first year rooms are better than others, but some are a bit naff tbh.

Hope everyone gets the result they want- remember, you may think your interview went rubbish, but the people interviewing you might think differently. Just try not to over-analyse how it went!

I was in Blundell Court, room 305 if I remember rightly.
I'm also trying very hard not to analyse as you just can't tell what they're looking for or what they see in you really. Only about 3 weeks to wait though!
Reply 42
lingolicious
I was in Blundell Court, room 305 if I remember rightly.
I'm also trying very hard not to analyse as you just can't tell what they're looking for or what they see in you really. Only about 3 weeks to wait though!

(taclm was me btw, it was logged on as someone else!)

Oooh, how exciting, you were on my floor. They're second and third year rooms I'm afraid- but it's something to look forward to if you end up at Sidney. The ballot is good fun, if a little stressful! :smile: I'm missing my bathroom and own shower very much- baths just don't have that same appeal!

And you're right, just try and forget about it for 3 weeks. It's less than a fortnight til Christmas, and then only a week until New Year (my letter came on 31st). It'll fly by, promise!
My maths interviews werent tooo bad, only forgot how to answer some of the questions...

Would really quite like them to let me in - trying to not think too much about how well it went.

Let the waiting game begin...

EDIT: O yeah, and sid was good :biggrin:
Reply 44
around when do we expect to hear from Sidney?
Reply 45
karan146

I think most colleges send the letters out at around the same time- I got mine from Pembroke on 31st December, then heard that Sidney wanted to interview me from the pool on 4th or 5th January by phone. So around New Year time!
Reply 46
Every college sends out the decision letter on 2nd January
Reply 47
my interviewer said that i should hear from them in the first few weeks of january, but then i'm in singapore, so you guys in the uk should probably hear by new year's or just after..
Reply 48
karan146

I got my letter on the 2nd of jan last year.... the weeks after xmas just dragged so badly!
Reply 49
hello there..
applied to sidney for economics....
I had been interviewed at malaysia in October.. Pending a rejection though.. I did soooooo badly for both interview and TSA..
good luck for you guys....
Reply 50
Does your decision letter state that you are pooled (if you are) or is it just a rejection letter , and notifications for winter pool arrive later?
Reply 51
karan146
Does your decision letter state that you are pooled (if you are) or is it just a rejection letter , and notifications for winter pool arrive later?

I'm fairly sure the letter you get is either offer/rejection/pool. So no rejection letter and then a pool letter days later, hopefully.
Reply 52
Ronove
I'm fairly sure the letter you get is either offer/rejection/pool. So no rejection letter and then a pool letter days later, hopefully.

Correct. You won't get told whether you've been picked out of the pool until a few days later. I think I got told by phone. That wait is longer than the initial wait, despite being technically shorter- you're in limbo!
Reply 53
I happened to look at the Cambridge website (as a result of obsessiveness) and found something that was slightly disturbing, to the extent that it threatened to interfere with Christmas eve yesterday.
It was a table that showed the target number of undergraduates for 2007 entry by college... I was a bit disappointed to note that Sidney had a target of only 97 undergraduates as compared to most other that were well above a 100. The only colleges that had lower targets were either single sex or mature..
I know that this might cause worry,but its better to be aware of it rather than alarmed or disheartened when the decisions arrive...!
Reply 54
Erm... it's a small college.
Reply 55
Ronove
Erm... it's a small college.

Indeed, one of the reasons I chose Sidney was because I thought the smaller community would be closer.

If you think that you have less chance of a place because there are less places I wouldn't worry as there are also less applicants and even if one year they received an excess of good candidates then the pool comes into play.
Reply 56
datr

If you think that you have less chance of a place because there are less places I wouldn't worry as there are also less applicants and even if one year they received an excess of good candidates then the pool comes into play.

Yeah i guess i was just being a bit over obsessive :smile: ...!
Reply 57
Hey!
Good luck to all of those who have applied to Sidney this year - you've picked a FANTASTIC college. I went up as a Sidneyite this September just gone, and have loved every minute of my time there! Who knows, if you get a place, you could end up being my son/daughter!!
Happy New Year, and all the best. :smile:
Ruthie x
Reply 58
Letters get sent out todaaaaaaaay!!!
yes!

Quick Reply

Latest