The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Yeah it is possible, I know a few on my friends who did the whole of Maths A-level in one year, then further maths in the second year.
I sure hope so. I'm trying to do as mustard-man's friends!
Good luck :yy: :biggrin:
Reply 4
I dont think it is that unusua. I am doing Literature and Economics full A level this year. Good luck :smile:
Everyone that does further maths usually does normal maths in a year. I know people who have done subjects in a year, probably a lot of people here have. You can also do intensive course A levels at some colleges which do the full things in a year. Just enter yourself for the exams, get the necessary revision guides/textbooks and do it. You need to have very good self control though.
^ It tends to be the better schools which do A-level Maths in a year and further the next :wink:
:ditto: :p: I'll be doing six A-level Maths modules this year (C1,2,3,4 M1, S1) then seven next year for the A-level in Further Maths (FP1,2,3, M2,3 S2 D1).
Hence why my school doesn't do it :p:
Awww :hugs:
:biggrin: Thanks :p:
Of course, it's still kind of cheating...as it does take up two of my option blocks and I'm not doing any Further Maths until July :p:
I'm doing Business Studies full A-Level this year, might do another subject next year.
I'm doing A-level ICT in a year because my college doesn't offer it as a 2 year course...
calcium878
:ditto: :p: I'll be doing six A-level Maths modules this year (C1,2,3,4 M1, S1) then seven next year for the A-level in Further Maths (FP1,2,3, M2,3 S2 D1).

SEVEN next year??
Some schools and colleges offer courses where you can do a full A-level in a year, but if you can't find one, you could try teaching yourself. It would be a lot of work, but you will need 3 full A-levels to get into a decent uni.
Reply 16
Thank you, you are so helpful:smile:
Does someone know, where can I get information on self-teaching and how can I enter myself for the exams:smile:
george9065
Thank you, you are so helpful:smile:
Does someone know, where can I get information on self-teaching and how can I enter myself for the exams:smile:

Do you want to do a distance learning course or just completely teach yourself? Distance learning courses are a bit more structured because they're broken down into chunks and you have a tutor to mark your work, but the're also very expensive. If you want to completely teach yourself, try to find a textbook that caters for your exam board and syllabus (your school/college might let you borrow one for the year if it's a subject they teach) download the specification from the exam board's website, order some past papers and download the examiner's report. Your school/college would probably let you sit the exams there if you ask your exams officer, but if not, go through all the schools and colleges in your area until you find one that will let you enter as a private candidate.
Reply 18
It is possible but may be difficult with science subjects.
Lauraaaaa
SEVEN next year??

Yeah so then if we flop on, say, M3, our D1 counts instead. Basically we sit 13 modules, the best 12 of which will be certificated. M3 is better than D1 for the majority for us who'll go on to read Maths/Physics/Engineering-related courses.

Latest

Trending

Trending