The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Acommodation for Muslim students

Assalamu Alaikum

I was wondering if there are any current sisters living on campus that could tell me how they're finding it. I've put RH down as my firm choice and am planning on living on campus for the first term.

Thanks!
Original post by 11dolls
x

I'm also planning on making RHUL as my firm choice, but I'm not sure about the access to halal food etc...
Any updates on whats available?
(edited 7 years ago)
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Original post by gone_fishing
I'm also planning on making RHUL as my firm choice, but I'm not sure about the access to halal food etc...
Any updates on whats available?

Hey gone_fishing,

It's great you're considering RHUL as your firm choice.

I don't know if you've come across our Islamic Society (ISOC) in your research. They host a bunch of student-led activities across the year, and would probably be a great resource of people to chat to if you want to chat to a current student. You can see their page on the Student's Union here.

In terms of Halal food, a number of our on-campus outlets serve Halal options (this is indicated with an 'H' on the menus). There are a few restaurants in the local area, which offer Halal options - I believe Runnymede Chicken and Ribs (the Royal Holloway student's essential!) is Halal, as well as other places around Windsor and Staines. This Zabihah search should be quite useful.

I hope that helps to answer your question a little - do you have any more questions you want answering?

:smile: Summer

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending