The Student Room Group

What would you do if you're son was gay?

Just a random thought that came into my head.
In this situation...I really don't know what I would do to be honest. Maybe i'd act a little shocked at first but then i'll respect him for his decision as long as he lives a good life.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zeetingman
In this situation...I really don't know what I would do to be honest. Maybe i'd act a little shocked at first but then i'll respect him for his decision as long as he lives a good life.

I probably wouldn't treat them much differently, it's not a decision as far as I know and I'd be more concerned they were happy than anything else.
Reply 2

Mind telling us why?
Reply 3
Original post by kka25
Mind telling us why?

I don't know we had an assembly last week on treating Gay people fairly at school.l So this thought just popped up in my mind.
Nothing really. If he couldn't spell "your", I would be incredibly disappointed.
Reply 5
Original post by morgan8002
Nothing really. If he couldn't spell "your", I would be incredibly disappointed.

Just an accident english isn't my first language...so yeah sucks..
Reply 6
I don't know we had an assembly last week on treating Gay people fairly at school.l So this thought just popped up in my mind.

I meant why would you feel shocked? Were you expecting your children to be homosexuals?
Reply 7
Original post by kka25
I meant why would you feel shocked? Were you expecting your children to be homosexuals?

No not really.
I wouldn't react at all, I couldn't give a toss :J When the "birds and bees" talk comes up I'd probably say "some people like their own gender, maybe you will too, it makes no difference."
Tell him the same rules apply for boyfriends as they do for girlfriends. Stay safe, treat him with respect and always be honest.
I'd probably advice him/her to move in a more developed country, I don't know any gay people here, and there's a reason to it...
Kick him out the house.

So I can secretly prepare him a surprise coming out party of course! :colone: ^_^

Lol being serious though, it wouldn't phase me at all. :nah: As long as he's safe and healthy and happy, and his bf is loyal, takes good care of him and gives him fantastic (and safe) sex then good for him. XD Well some homosexuals are aromantic tbh so even if he had no relationships, then fine by me. And likewise, some homoromantics are asexual, so if he had no sex, then cool. In any case, his safety, health and happiness always come first. :smile:

So I would continue to love him unconditionally.
I'll say a lot of stuff and do a lot of stuff.

That is all
I'd be happy for him. Coming out is hard, I'd be upset if he felt the need to hide it from me, I'd be nothing but supportive.
Reply 14
Original post by BefuddledPenguin
I'd be happy for him. Coming out is hard, I'd be upset if he felt the need to hide it from me, I'd be nothing but supportive.

This is something that I'd be concerned as well but I'd think it's highly likely that they will : (
I would encourage them to continue to be open and give them love and support no matter what.
Original post by bittr n swt
I'll say a lot of stuff and do a lot of stuff.

That is all

incestuous stuff?
call the police.
This topic came up at uni the other day and somebody said they'd be upset because a man is supposed to be manly. :erm:
So many things wrong with that sentence I couldn't even be bothered to argue.
i would give them all the love respect and support i would give to any of my children. i would treat them no differently and would encourage them to be open.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending