The Student Room Group

Best way to get rid of belly fat quickly

So I've noticed that I put on weight around my belly a lot. My legs and arms are really toned, so I've been told.

I eat clean anyway, and my exercise routine always consists of cardio, alternating with abs and upper body.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Exercise + watching what you eat.
You can't lost fat in one particular place, you've just gotta lose fat everywhere
Original post by Chris Cartner
You can't lost fat in one particular place, you've just gotta lose fat everywhere
Belly fat normally comes of last (To add to this, good comment)

You need to get a diet plan, have a look at www.thebodycoach.co.uk and go onto his instagram he posts a lot of what he eats.
If you are serious about loosing weight, cardio + Meal preparation are pivotal to your success, good luck with your journey :smile:
Reply 4
Its usually hard to get rid of belly fat fast. I'd recommend eating clean and doing cardio. Good luck.
Original post by Ollie50067
Cut as much fat out of your diet as possible, you can't target areas but it's fats that contribute mostly to stomach fat

Not even slightly.
Disclaimer -this is not proper medical advice.

High fibre, lots of water and High Intensity Interval Training will allow you to lose fat all over. Plus high protein and lifting weights in order to build up more more muscle mass and increase metabolism.
You can't spot reduce areas, I'm afraid. Eating fat (especially good fats) burns fat. Make sure to cut down on sugary food. It's quite hard to get down to and maintain a flat/ab-like belly, because even if you do get a nice set of abs, you won't be able to see them fully under the fat. Exercise is good, but diet plays a bigger role. Body shape plays a part too, such as an apple shape usually has extra visceral fat. The stress hormone cortisol also prevents you gaining a flat stomach. Don't worry about it too much though :smile: xx

Quick Reply

Latest