The Student Room Group

Self taught A level politics and law

Hello,

Is it possible to self-teach yourself politics and law at A-level?
Original post by Username1233
Hello,

Is it possible to self-teach yourself politics and law at A-level?

politics, i don't know, simply because i don't do it? but from what i've heard, apparently it's a difficult a-level, and therefore, self-teaching seems impossible?

as for law, yes, for some aspects. for example, unit 1. this unit is 100% theory which means that you can construct model answers and memorise them for the exam. last year i got a B for this unit but i reckon i can get an A in the resit (this summer). unit 1 is literally a walk in the park to self-teach. unit 2? well, it's 50% theory and 50% application. for the first 3 questions you'll realize that the paper asks you to describe 'causation', 'mens rea', etc etc... these are easy questions, and similarly with unit 1, you can make model answers for these! for the application questions, you can still model answers BUT when it comes to the exam, you write the model answer that you memorized, but apply bits of the scenario to the model answer. unit 2 is quite complicated so you'd definitely need help on the application bit. unit 3 and 4? well, you can't self-teach these units. end of

Quick Reply

Latest