Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

St Catharine's College (Cambridge) Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
eizzileizzil
my interview for geography is on the 14th! ah im so scared! :s-smilie:

I'll be there on the 14th, too. Maybe see you around!
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
ok... i' m off to the airport now... it all feels surreal + i think i've forgotten all my bio&chem.

oh.. well...
Reply 82
Sammy*DeluXXe
ok... i' m off to the airport now... it all feels surreal + i think i've forgotten all my bio&chem.

oh.. well...

Best of luck!

I'm going up tomorrow!
Reply 83
well i had my interview on friday and i really can't tell how it went. i really enjoyed the interview with Dr. Wothers though, he seemed really nice. I keep going through phases of thinking it went ok, but then I think, omg i did so terribly!

anyway, good luck to everyone who has still got theirs.
dark_link
well i had my interview on friday and i really can't tell how it went. i really enjoyed the interview with Dr. Wothers though, he seemed really nice. I keep going through phases of thinking it went ok, but then I think, omg i did so terribly!

anyway, good luck to everyone who has still got theirs.

What time were you interviews? I was there an hour or too.
Reply 85
they were at 12 and 12:30. but i didn't wanna hang around and sit in the waiting room with nervous thoughts running through my head, so i went to the porters lodge, told them i was there, went for a walk, called a couple of friends, went into my interviews and then went straight back to the train station and went home. if you were around then you might have seen me walking around, but i didn't go into the waiting room. my first interview at 12, was on the 2nd floor up the stairs by the ramsden room (OL 4).

were you around then?
dark_link
they were at 12 and 12:30. but i didn't wanna hang around and sit in the waiting room with nervous thoughts running through my head, so i went to the porters lodge, told them i was there, went for a walk, called a couple of friends, went into my interviews and then went straight back to the train station and went home. if you were around then you might have seen me walking around, but i didn't go into the waiting room. my first interview at 12, was on the 2nd floor up the stairs by the ramsden room (OL 4).

were you around then?

Yeah. Are you music or natsci?
To the 400 or so applicants at Catz this interviewing this year, well done on getting an interview. This year we actually had to reject people before this stage. You've got past the first obstacle.

With the interviews, stay calm! Remember that they're not looking for you to get all the questions right, just for you to show that you're thinking hard about it!

So good luck, well done on getting to this stage and hopefully I'll see you next year! Maybe you'll have to misfortune of being my son or daughter! :biggrin:
Reply 88
swntzu
To the 400 or so applicants at Catz this interviewing this year, well done on getting an interview. This year we actually had to reject people before this stage. You've got past the first obstacle.

With the interviews, stay calm! Remember that they're not looking for you to get all the questions right, just for you to show that you're thinking hard about it!

So good luck, well done on getting to this stage and hopefully I'll see you next year! Maybe you'll have to misfortune of being my son or daughter! :biggrin:

Wow, do you know roughly how many people were rejected without interview?

I guess this means that Catz is overly popular this year :frown:
my interviews are at 10.00 and 10.30 am on the 14th... way too early for my liking!
Reply 90
swntzu
Yeah. Are you music or natsci?

natsci - i was wearing a green t-shirt with a grey jumper if you saw me?
dark_link
natsci - i was wearing a green t-shirt with a grey jumper if you saw me?

Think so. To be honest I only really remember the girls. :biggrin:
Reply 92
I couldn't face the waiting room yesterday! I was feeling a bit nervous and didn't want it compounded by anything. It's a bit of a shame I'm so pathetic (!) because it would've been nice to bump into a few other potential students.

As for the interviews, I left feeling happy but, somewhere between Bristol and Newport, I started thinking of all the things I said and kicking myself for saying them. I'm just trying not to dwell on it now.

I've decided, however, that, whatever happens, I'm going to recommend the experience of applying to others. (Considering I was on trains and tubes yesterday for about nine hours, this means quite a lot.) My interviewers were really nice and put me at ease. All in all, it was a very positive experience and certainly one I think I can learn from in the future.

The important question is, however, how long do we have to wait to hear back from them now?
Reply 93
Letters come out at the beginning of January! I'm really nervous about my interviews tomorrow, but I'm starting to see that they could be a really good experience - they're supposed to be enjoyable from what I've heard!
Lewi
Letters come out at the beginning of January! I'm really nervous about my interviews tomorrow, but I'm starting to see that they could be a really good experience - they're supposed to be enjoyable from what I've heard!

They go into the post on the 2nd of January so you lucky (or unlucky) people should get the letters on the 4th. Good luck!
Reply 95
swntzu
They go into the post on the 2nd of January so you lucky (or unlucky) people should get the letters on the 4th. Good luck!

Speaking personally, definitely unlucky.

But it's nice to have a date.

^^ I've noticed the optimism has slowly disappeared from your posts! Anywho. I hope to agree with you about the experience thing.

Btw we get our result a week after the interview :p:
Reply 97
Nathan Ley3
^^ I've noticed the optimism has slowly disappeared from your posts! Anywho. I hope to agree with you about the experience thing.

Btw we get our result a week after the interview :p:

Pshhh.

On a personal level, I had a fabulous time. On an academic level, I was far from spectacular, impressive or coherent.
Lottie
Speaking personally, definitely unlucky.

But it's nice to have a date.

Well it may come on the 3rd depending on the post.

One thing I will say is that I had exactly the same feeling of pessimism fronm the end of my 2nd interview in D6 until the 3rd time I looked at my offer letter from Catz. Afterwards, I missed my offer by quite a bit but was given a second chance by the admissions staff. This involved another two weeks of waiting between my (Scottish) results coming through and the A Levels. I am convince that I have the worst results in Cambridge! I am the ultimate proof the saying: "It's not over 'til it's over."

Anyway, where does it go from here? Obviously now is the time to get back to your studies. Forget you even thought about Cambridge until that letter comes through. Then start thinking about how you are going to meet that offer. If you are not that naturally intelligent, like me, you will have to work damn hard for your place. Good luck!

P.S. You want to note that after my interview, I sent a Thank You card to the admissions people and the porters. Not that that would have any effect on the admissions process...
Reply 99
I have an interview at St Catz for Geog on 14th December - I'm both nervous and excited!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending