The Student Room Group

Rejected and now regretting course choice

Scroll to see replies

Original post by philerus
Haha, that is definitely an experience that will never get old and that I would be a fool to miss out on. One significant disadvantage that London has, however, is how expensive it is.

It is expensive but you're paying for quality.
Go get your 2:1/first and do a masters at Oxbridge

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Original post by fudgecake22
Go get your 2:1/first and do a masters at Oxbridge

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's the plan now!
Original post by philerus
Haha, that is definitely an experience that will never get old and that I would be a fool to miss out on. One significant disadvantage that London has, however, is how expensive it is.

Oxford is a horribly expensive city as well. Not QUITE as bad, but it's probably still up there amongst the worst.
Reply 24
Original post by jenkinsear
Oxford is a horribly expensive city as well. Not QUITE as bad, but it's probably still up there amongst the worst.

True but, from what I gather, the availability of subsidised college accomodation for the duration of the course helps alleviate the financial burden, which would not be the case fornthe majority of London unis, which just offer guaranteed accomodation for the first year, which tends to be more exoensive anyway. However, these are just specific factors pertaining to student accomodation and not all the other costs associated with city life at any stage of one's life, so are in no way intended to undermine your point!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending